BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, this weekend coming back from Cycle Specialties in Modesto (Not SPAM), decided to go back to Livermore by way of Corral Hollow road, (nice road, kinda bumpy but plenty of sharp twisties) when I drove past the Carnegie off road park, has plenty of hills and trails, a little convenience store and camping and day spots. Was thinking (I know, dangerous activity for me and anyone standing nearby) This would make a great day activity (or overnight camping trial) for those of us Nor cal folks with GS's or other dual sport bikes to have some fun in the dirt and practice our skills, what do you think? Anyone game if we set something up? They have easy to black diamond trails...and corrals/tracks for slow/fast stuff.....sounds like fun.

Bob R.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,857 Posts
Not much for trails - tried that, not good for the heath of the GS. But it could be a fun day with some hills to play on.

I prefer the 1000's of miles of unpaved roads in the Sierra's to explore. Nathan and I were thinking about an all day (Saturday) trip across the Sierra's on some road we partially explored, with an overnighter and return on Sunday. Maybe find some fire towers to explore.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Speaking of fire towers, what ever happened to the infamous fire tower tour that was to happen this year?


Enquiring minds want to know.....grin.

Bob R.
 

·
BMW Guru
Joined
·
8,469 Posts
brasters said:
Hi all, this weekend coming back from Cycle Specialties in Modesto (Not SPAM), decided to go back to Livermore by way of Corral Hollow road, (nice road, kinda bumpy but plenty of sharp twisties) when I drove past the Carnegie off road park, has plenty of hills and trails, a little convenience store and camping and day spots. Was thinking (I know, dangerous activity for me and anyone standing nearby) This would make a great day activity (or overnight camping trial) for those of us Nor cal folks with GS's or other dual sport bikes to have some fun in the dirt and practice our skills, what do you think? Anyone game if we set something up? They have easy to black diamond trails...and corrals/tracks for slow/fast stuff.....sounds like fun.

Bob R.
I've been to Carnegie once and it's a nice place. I would definitely be interested in an overnighter. Let me know...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
406 Posts
tedhudson said:
I've been to Carnegie once and it's a nice place. I would definitely be interested in an overnighter. Let me know...

Same here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
465 Posts
Weezie & I have gone to Carnegie on several occasions to ride our ATV's, and had a great time each time. When the weather is nice, it can get pretty packed and dusty on the weekends. That being said, it's still a "ball" to ride there!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,857 Posts
brasters said:
Speaking of fire towers, what ever happened to the infamous fire tower tour that was to happen this year?


Enquiring minds want to know.....grin.

Bob R.

I don't know, did I drink to much beer :beer::beer::beer::beer:when it was talked about???? Been a bad spring for me with all the personal issues, havn't been able to plan much. But I do plan on some GS weekends this year and a couple of overnighters in there. The Fire towers are all over out there, no matter whet route you pick through the Sierra's you'll run into one.
I do beleive a nice campout for NorCal, HDDC, Sawdog with good riding for both on and off road riding would go over great. Now when and where.....?
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top