BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Carl has had an accident on his bike and has recieved some rather nasty injuries, he has broken both his ankles and 7 of his ribs.Carl has been to all our treffens since we started doing them a few years ago and was coming to the next.
Here's wishing you a speedy recovery mate.

Registered
Real sorry to hear about this Carl. I broke 3 ribs last week falling off my scooter and I can symphatise with you, broken ribs are really really sore, especially when you cough. And all that on top of two broken ankles. Get well soon.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
simoncharles said:
Yes, hope he recovers soon with no after affects.

Anyone know how he managed to break both his ankles ?. Can麓t of been by just coming off the bike. Was he wearing "good" boots ?.
I can't imagine Carl not wearing the proper boots,he is a motorcycle instructor getting people through the CBT training and onto the direct access test. I would think that he would have to set an example to the students.

Registered
Hi all.*
first thank you all for your wishes ,*
Got out of hospital Monday, *25 days after the crash.*
You might think thats a long time for a broken ankle ?
I wish that's all it was, to start with my whole left foot has been smashed
So there is nowhere for the tibia to fit too & the fibula has *fractured. They have put in some metal work, but it's early days yet.
my right foot although its very*bruised *appears to only be soft tissue damage.
my right knee still has some swelling & seems to move in & out of joint , will be keeping an eye on that!
*My ribs, Ohh my ribs, *by far the most pain, *6*fractured ribs in a row, left side round to the back, never have I felt pain like I have with my ribs,
And still giving the most pain.*
To top it all off, trying my best to get home they took another x ray of my chest to find I may have an infection in my left lung , they give me antibiotics witch made my feel *ill ! * So then they give me a ultrasound scan to find out I have fluid and not an infection, he then did a chest drain overnight, to my surprise he removed 3 lts, yes 3lts !! *Another x ray and it showed clear*
Would like to say that wearing bike gear saved me from more injuries *
* And the staff @ wrexham hospital are terrific .*
Nothing left to do now but take time to get better,*
And yes ___get back on the bikes.*
See you @ the treffin on the 13th but I will not be traveling by bike. Lol

Registered
philh24 said:
I can't imagine Carl not wearing the proper boots,he is a motorcycle instructor getting people through the CBT training and onto the direct access test. I would think that he would have to set an example to the students.
Your right Phil. Alpinestars, they had to cut the left one off, only got my sidi's left but would not get them on because of all the swelling,

Registered
Looking forward to seeing you Carl. If you were a horse they would have put you down by now. Having broke only 3 of my ribs last month I can vouch for the amount of pain involved. To make things worse I got a chest infection and could not stop coughing. It was like getting stabbed every time I coughed, and dont mention sneezing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts