BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI: This is just a note for anyone thinking about a Helmet communication system. In 21 hours from this post, Cardo will be online to showcase something they're calling:
Cardo's new special edition premiere with Ricky Carmichael

I have no idea what it will be.

·
Registered
28 Posts
So what’s the major difference over packtalk bold with JBL? Maybe some battery life? Can’t really tell from the ad.

Edited to add: based on the compare products page of the Cardo website, it looks like you get 45mm speakers (vs 40mm) and a 3 year vs 2 year warranty. Doesn’t strike me as a big update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
$389 for the few upgrades is pricey! I need a new Helmet in Dec and when I replace helmets I always get a new helmet comm system. Currently using a Sena S20 and been happy with it. Was thinking of trying Cardo for a change but not at this price.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I'm still stuck on why throw away my now 6 y/o Shoei RF-1200 which has seen 66K miles and looks brand new. I know the argument but I'd like to know exactly what % deterioration in head protection happens at the oft recommended 5y out point. Plus my old Sena 10R still works fine and the battery holds fine. When its battery finally goes I will likely upgrade the helmet and audio.

·
Registered
28 Posts
See this

The punchline from Arai: “But beyond simply being an approximation of wear, Arai also told me that the five-year rule also has origins in the world of legal liability (as you may have guessed.) This does not come from the helmet manufacturers, however, but from insurance companies that insure racing organizations and the racetracks themselves, who historically have put pressure on those organizations to put in place some standards when it comes to the safety gear that competitors use. Many racing organizations will require a racer’s helmet to have been manufactured within the five-year timeframe (regardless of the condition it is in.)”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts