BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody figure out how to connect a GPS to the G9? The instructions say to enter 0000, but how? My GPS doesn't have the keypad to enter 0000, nor does the G9? And the instruction manual doesn't explain how this is done either. WTF, over? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Usually when you are in pairing mode there is a popup window that asks for the code. What make model is the GPS?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nuvi 765. I have to assume that the GPS would be the unit to show a keypad, but that doesn't happen, nor can I get one to show. Perhaps these two are not compatible?

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Ok, here is the problem...Sorry but most if not all Automotive type GPS's will not pair with a bluetooth headset. :( Garmin disables this capability on all but the Zumo line.

You could open it up, attach wire and a connector to the speaker and run that out to a bluetooth dongle that will pair to the GPS.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, thanks John. Just so I'm clear, when you say "headset", what are you referring to? I have the GPS paired to my phone, but it won't go to the GPS. Are they different systems?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I e-mailed customer support yesterday, and got this back today (Labor Day no less).
Nice service, and thought I'd share:

Unfortunately Garmin doesn't design their Nuvi devices to work with Bluetooth headsets. The Garmin Nuvi is designed to have a mobile phone paired with it which then allows the Nuvi to become the 'hands-free' speakerphone - it is not designed to be used with a Bluetooth headset. The Garmin Zumo is designed to be used on a motorcycle and is capable of transmitting GPS instructions to a Bluetooth headset. The known compatible GPS list for scala rider products includes the TOMTOM Rider 2nd Edition, TOMTOM Urban Rider and the Garmin Zumo 220, 550, 660 and 665. If you need more detailed information about the capabilities of Garmin GPS devices, I would recommend contacting Garmin directly. I hope this helps. Thanks and have a wonderful day!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts