BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 BMW R1200RT Carbon Black Mettalic
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

This is probably an old nugget for someone else too. I have a Cardo Freecom 4+. According to Cardo way back, it is Siri compatible. Not in my experience!! It works with Hey Cardos limited command set. When I go Hey Siri, nothing happens. I am on latest firmware, anyone using Siri?. How?

Cheers,

Tony

·
Premium Member
2020 R1250RT Alpine White
232 Posts
I have the same setup with Cardo Freecom 4+ and an iPhone X. "Hey Siri" works about 25% of the time, and "Hey Cardo" works about 50% of the time. Seems like when you use one or the other successfully it will take several minutes for it to respond successfully again.

When "Hey Siri" works it is really nice but it is a crap shoot with current firmware.

Good luck.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have found three things that help my Siri and Cardo commands greatly.

The first is to reboot your phone before riding. You phone is a small computer and the digital information that is stored in the RAM can get corrupted after periods of use. Just like a desktop computer, you need to frequently reboot the machine to make sure the digital information is fresh in the RAM. The first thing any computer tech will ask you to do when troubleshooting a problem is to reboot the system. I have had great success with my Siri and Cardo working better after rebooting the phone. It is not always 100% but it does help it work better by a good stretch.

The second is to enunciate your commands better. I have done some basic testing and found out I was speaking too fast when trying to give commands to Cardo and Siri. Slow down and speak clearly. I usually "Hey Cardo" then wait for about half a second and then give the command. It works almost every time now. I was talking too fast the voice recognition software wasn't able to make out what I was saying.

The third thing that has helped is reduction of ambient noise. I have a modular helmet and when the face guard is down, Cardo and Siri seem to pick up better. I even have people on the telephone tell me they hear a difference when I have my face guard down.

Those are just a few things I do and my hands free works almost every time now.

·
Old Dawg
1,566 Posts
You might want to check to make sure in your Settings to "Allow Siri When Locked".

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
You might want to check to make sure in your Settings to "Allow Siri When Locked".
Heya Scott, I did wonder about that being needed. I used to have a SM10 Sena, it never needed that. I'll try it next time and report back. I vaguely remember trying it before and it only responding when it wasn't in my pocket and I wasn't riding. Thanks for the replies.

I suppose I should have qualified I do ride with a good modular helmet, with the guard down when commanding :).

Cheers,

Tony

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update,

In case anyone is interested in the results. I made sure not to run the Cardo app. I enabled allow Siri while locked, it worked a treat this time. Clearly Cardo have finally fixed Siri use sometime during the recent firmware upgrades.

Cheers,

Tony

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.