BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now I've done it! I can't find my fob for the theft alarm. I know it's gotta be somewhere in my house but not finding it is keeping me from rideing. I have an extra key but no extra remote. I did a search on disconnecting the anti-theft with no success. Can someone please tell me how this is done so I can at least use my LT until I find the remote? :mad:
 

·
Registered
1999 LTC
Joined
·
14,459 Posts
RonHolly said:
Now I've done it! I can't find my fob for the theft alarm. I know it's gotta be somewhere in my house but not finding it is keeping me from rideing. I have an extra key but no extra remote. I did a search on disconnecting the anti-theft with no success. Can someone please tell me how this is done so I can at least use my LT until I find the remote? :mad:
Top thread in "similar threads" below this one looks like it may have good info. Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dick said:
Top thread in "similar threads" below this one looks like it may have good info. Good luck.
Looks like the info is "IF" you have a remote fob. I can't find mine anywhere. I just can't believe it vanished!
 

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
Joined
·
14,534 Posts
This will work just disregard that it says for 05 and up and don't jump pin 2 along with pin 10 and 6. Alarm Bypass
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Day three and still can't find my remote! Stormy weather so I could'nt/would'nt/should'nt have ridden anyway. I called BMW and they said only way, without having the code, is to remove the security system from the bike. Think I'll keep looking for another couple of days before I get into that aspect.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
335 Posts
RonHolly said:
Day three and still can't find my remote! Stormy weather so I could'nt/would'nt/should'nt have ridden anyway. I called BMW and they said only way, without having the code, is to remove the security system from the bike. Think I'll keep looking for another couple of days before I get into that aspect.
Waiting is good. I have never regretted waiting for the lost to be found but if that doesn't work in this situation I would pay a lot more attention to jzeiler's advise than I would the dealer. While you may feel that the dealer's assessment is the final word from the higher authority - maybe not - just sayin' -
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tips727 said:
Waiting is good. I have never regretted waiting for the lost to be found but if that doesn't work in this situation I would pay a lot more attention to jzeiler's advise than I would the dealer. While you may feel that the dealer's assessment is the final word from the higher authority - maybe not - just sayin' -
I think your right Tips727. It would be better to just jump it instead removing the whole system. That way if the remote showes up all I would have to do is the reverse process. Good point!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,886 Posts
Based on previous help, I vote #4 :

Re: Can't find my anti-theft remote!

This will work just disregard that it says for 05 and up and don't jump pin 2 along with pin 10 and 6. Alarm Bypass
__________________
John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,206 Posts
My mind is working overtime.
Hope you find your remote soon. Is it crazy to thinks with all the technology available to us that some type of location finder can be added to the fob. Have you ever parked your car in a massive lot and forgot which isle it was in and simply activated the alarm and viola you found it. Couldn't the reverse work. Especially in the home area. I think some TV remote have a flashing light or vibrate or is that the cordless phone satellite. Sometimes we know where things are when not looking for it and just the opposite when we are :(
ride safe :bmw:
 

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
Joined
·
14,534 Posts
Just a suggestion but I always keep the FOB in the tank bag. I remove it of course to lock the bike when I get off at a store or overnight in a motel but then right back in the tank bag until I need it again.

I solved all my other "where the heck are my keys" woes by placeing a basket at the entry way on an old secretary. Once in the habit it works great. Haven't had to search for keys in years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
Could you just buy another fob?
I think the system can be set up for several fobs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
jwacree said:
Could you just buy another fob?
I think the system can be set up for several fobs.
I bought my 2002LT last month and it only came with one fob. The Harley dealer contacted the former owner and he only had the one fob and did'nt have the four digit code. Acording to BMW Dealer without the code they can't do anything for me.

I do have a central key place to hang all our various keys but it was my fault that it was misplaced. I just hope it did'nt get thrown away accidently.
 

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
Joined
·
14,534 Posts
Actually there is a paper tag on the alarm unit under the top case with a set of numbers. The dealer can send those numbers to BMW NA and they will in turn send the dealer the 5 digit code needed to program the alarm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jzeiler said:
Actually there is a paper tag on the alarm unit under the top case with a set of numbers. The dealer can send those numbers to BMW NA and they will in turn send the dealer the 5 digit code needed to program the alarm.
Thank you very much for that information. When the weather will let me tear it down I'll give that a good inspection for the code/number.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Now that the tropical storm has blown across Florida and out into the Atlantic I guess I'll tackle getting at the security box and see if I can bypass the anti-theft system. Looks like getting at it is going to be a bugar! I'll take some pics as I progress along. :deadhorse
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Welcome aboard! What year and model is yours? I got a lot of help here to get mine running again. After crossing the wires I just left it that way and don't use the remote, which I later found. I'd hate to get stuck somewhere and had lost the remote fob. To answer your question the security is under the trunk assembly. Remove trunk assembly then remove plastic pan and the security system sits under it.

 

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
Joined
·
14,534 Posts
Thanks Ron, I have added your photo to my collection of reference material.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top