BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I tried a couple of local places and was told that they don't have that small of a fitting. Spiegler, Classic tube, and Inline tube, either couldn't make the compound bend in the banjo or didn't have an 8 mm. I could only find one thread that seemed to contradict what Spiegler told me. It was an old post though. Can anyone tell me where I could get one. I would like it to be stainless. Maybe I'm not searching out the right type of hydraulic places locally.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Don't worry about getting an aftermarket clutch line.
Order the appropriate part from your favorite BMW Dealer and know that it will fit the first time. It's not all that expensive, and it will last for a long time.
(The pressure in the clutch system isn't that high)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't worry about getting an aftermarket clutch line.
Order the appropriate part from your favorite BMW Dealer and know that it will fit the first time. It's not all that expensive, and it will last for a long time.
(The pressure in the clutch system isn't that high)
It is a 2 part hose. $169.12 for each half. That sounds expensive to me.

·
Registered
506 Posts
It is a 2 part hose. $169.12 for each half. That sounds expensive to me.
Can't believe that Spiegler couldn't make one. That is really too bad. I wonder how the bend is so different then what is on the reservoir side. Looks about the same.

I agree...$160 per piece is a pretty penny for a clutch line. Good luck finding an aftermarket alternative.

·
Registered
715 Posts
If you're not in a hurry, you can take you old lines to a hydraulic shop and they can make new lines from the original fittings.
There may be limitations on the type of hose they can use based on the size of the fittings so you may not be able to use braided, Teflon-lined hoses like Speiglers but it should not cost you $300 either.

·
Registered
438 Posts
You Guys are right.
$169.00 for each half of the clutch line at Max BMW. That's more than the price of the slave cylinder itself.
You probably only need the lower half, that's the end that gets corroded.

How much did you pay for your last rear tire?
My last Metzeler ME880 was around $240.00

(just tryin to put things into perspsctive)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Can't believe that Spiegler couldn't make one. That is really too bad. I wonder how the bend is so different then what is on the reservoir side. Looks about the same.

I agree...$160 per piece is a pretty penny for a clutch line. Good luck finding an aftermarket alternative.
It is a compound bend. The tubing part at the banjo is bent to whatever degree and then the head is twisted at an angle. I think I could get away with a 90 degree but his last comment is what discouraged me. They never made a pattern because they didn't have much success with it and if we make it and it fails , your on your own. I believe I called back a second time and was told they don't have an 8mm banjo.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you're not in a hurry, you can take you old lines to a hydraulic shop and they can make new lines from the original fittings.
There may be limitations on the type of hose they can use based on the size of the fittings so you may not be able to use braided, Teflon-lined hoses like Speiglers but it should not cost you $300 either.
Thanks, but the original fitting is whats leaking. Right under the rubber at the crimp. Every time I look at a picture from the forum or elsewhere of that area I can see rust on the fitting. I'm surprised I couldn't find more threads on clutch hose failures and more information on after market replacements. I guess its not that common.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
When they compress the outer metal jacket it does not change the inner pipe so they can probably cut it off and put it back together with a new outer compressible sleeve new hose - worth asking and if you have it off take it and show it to them

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I'm surprised none of the vendors I've contacted have suggested that. Maybe I wasn't clear on where it was leaking. But now that I think about it, that wouldn't make it stainless.

·
Registered
371 Posts
You could try getting someone to sweat a JVC fitting on the banjo ends and then get a hose made up with JVC fittings to join together. Or you could perhaps flare the banjo ends and use brake line fittings along with regular brake line hose.

·
Registered
215 Posts
What about the 1150 rt slave lines, are those around for aftermarket, look the same. Or just the 8 mm end?

·
Registered
215 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
I tried a couple of local places and was told that they don't have that small of a fitting. Spiegler, Classic tube, and Inline tube, either couldn't make the compound bend in the banjo or didn't have an 8 mm. I could only find one thread that seemed to contradict what Spiegler told me. It was an old post though. Can anyone tell me where I could get one. I would like it to be stainless. Maybe I'm not searching out the right type of hydraulic places locally.
is it maybe 6mm not 8?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Thanks, was looking for a solution for mine.
I cannot imagine nobody makes same banjo as bmw slave

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Thanks, was looking for a solution for mine.
I cannot imagine nobody makes same banjo as bmw slave
As stated above, it is the compound curve and the smaller than standard banjo. I did some searching awhile back to see if I could find anything that would work as stock for making a replacement and didn't find anything I wanted to waste money on. Still using my original 01 clutch lines at this point.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts