BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently mangled my radio antenna by parking to close to the garage door track. After contemplating why the garage door wasn’t closing all the way and several attempts, I finally realized my antenna was caught in garage door track. Up until that time I had great radio reception – much better then my 01 had. I called a local dealer to order a replacement mast. This is when I nearly had a coronary. They quoted me a $131 just for the mast. I couldn’t believe it so I call another dealer and got the same quote. I may opt for one of the electronic hidden antennas if I can’t find a less expensive replacement. Does anyone have a source for a good alternative antenna mast? If memory serves me correctly, my 01 had a metal mast and my 05 is fiberglass and I don’t know if they are interchangeable.

·
Cooler on the east coast!!!
1,243 Posts
Man that is a bad day. $131 is a lot of money. You can try Chicago BMW they have a 20% discount.

Dave where can I see this hide away antenna?

·
Registered
280 Posts
sorchilla said:
I recently mangled my radio antenna by parking to close to the garage door track. After contemplating why the garage door wasn’t closing all the way and several attempts, I finally realized my antenna was caught in garage door track. Up until that time I had great radio reception – much better then my 01 had. I called a local dealer to order a replacement mast. This is when I nearly had a coronary. They quoted me a $131 just for the mast. I couldn’t believe it so I call another dealer and got the same quote. I may opt for one of the electronic hidden antennas if I can’t find a less expensive replacement. Does anyone have a source for a good alternative antenna mast? If memory serves me correctly, my 01 had a metal mast and my 05 is fiberglass and I don’t know if they are interchangeable.
Go to http://webparts.com/cycles/ficheframeset.cfm?tablename=K1200LT
Part number 65 21 2 337 379 which is just the mast cost $27.59 new.
I have ordered from the before, fast shipping.

·
Registered
370 Posts
grifscoots said:
......... I had to grind on the mount some and rattle can it, .....

OK.. I give ..what does "rattle can it" mean?

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
grifscoots said:
You shake the can till it rattles real good and then you spray it. Spray paint= rattle can.

Or...as we say in North Carolina, "Spray bomb" it! :yeah:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Careful: That part number is for the CB antenna mast. The radio antenna is part
65 21 2 305 986, for $40.07 - still a big improvement over the prices you were quoted!

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Doug, why don't you PM Tony (Deputy5211) or check his site (www.ltparts.com). Or as mentioned earlier get a Hide-away antenna, but keep it mind that you need to use a switched power source for it or you'll discharge your battery. You know you can always call me if you have any questions.
sorchilla said:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts