BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking out my canister today and it seems like the HOW is not working. I guess I should have saved it. Can anybody help me with what to do. Searching brings up a million and 1 hits. I will keep trying.
thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
This past weekend I was all set to do a canisterectomy. Well, the dealer (Cycle Werks in Barrington, Il) asked why bother if it's just a clogged hose. I removed the top case and cover, unattached the hose going down to the rear tire and found that was clogged. Once I forced some air through it, I heard the obstruction clear. I no longer have the pressure build up in the tank and she runs great!

I suppose next time this happens, I will perform the operation but until then, I'm good to go. Yes, It actually is as easy as everyone says!

Happy Ridings!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I believe some folk hide an air compressor in place of the cannister.

·
Registered
150 Posts
joegottberg said:
I believe some folk hide an air compressor in place of the cannister.
Thats correct, i asked few mths back how to remove canister and then i insert 12v Air compressor in there and have 2 outlet's, 1xin rear with 3ft extension cable and 1x in front fork with 3ft extension cable, this will allow me to give air to not only my self but to others as well :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts