BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that the newer, 05 and above, can't use a battery charger or heated clothing with the power outlets provided. I found a source for Powerlet accessories that carries specific adapters for such a problem. Bikeeffects.com. Bikes made from 05 to August 06 take one kind and the newer another.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
retiredjj said:
I heard that the newer, 05 and above, can't use a battery charger or heated clothing with the power outlets provided. I found a source for Powerlet accessories that carries specific adapters for such a problem. Bikeeffects.com. Bikes made from 05 to August 06 take one kind and the newer another.
Lots of vague stuff here, can you clarify what you mean? If you're talking about LTs, the answer is no, it is not a Canbus bike, but will probably change if/when the next generation comes out. If you mean newly introduced models since 06, then yes, these have the Canbus (K-bikes and R1200s, maybe F800). And what kind of adapter are they making?

·
Registered
977 Posts
retiredjj said:
Check out this thread and more info here.

The adapter looks to be a power controlled relay that hooks to factory wiring and then to the battery (?), giving you 15A of power (180W claimed).

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Installing your own fuse blocks is the only way to go anyway. Using those outlets for relay-control isn't a bad idea, I suppose. On my '06 GT, I just used my low-beam for that task though. Works great!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts