·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this from my salesman:

>
>Good Morning Garry,
>
>Your bike should be arriving by the end of April. And yes, it is true that there has been a
>$1000 price reduction.
>
>Adam Hancock

Good news all round!

Garry

·
Registered
51 Posts
So what are the prices now, Garry? I thought we'd first been informed of the Canadian prices via a post that referred to the Wolf dealership, but now I can find no specification of prices on that site or the BMW Motorrad Canada site.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
RoadSurfer said:
So what are the prices now, Garry? I thought we'd first been informed of the Canadian prices via a post that referred to the Wolf dealership, but now I can find no specification of prices on that site or the BMW Motorrad Canada site.
http://www.bmw-motorrad.ca/bikes/K1600GTL
Is that the website? If so, as of right now it's showing MSRP of $29k. Is that the old price?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks, Travis.

At that price, compared to the US price, which seems to be about $6K less, I expect there'll be a few Canadian buyers doing their shopping across the border, especially given the current parity between the two currencies.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is what I got.

So the new retail price for the K1600GTL will be $29,225 which will include options 430 and 431 as standard. This represents a savings of $1,000 to the customer and all indicators to date have shown that everyone is ordering the bike today with these two options. Now the only options for the GTL will be High Seat and French Manual. It will make the sale that much easier as the only question now is “Which colour would you like?”

In closing we wanted to advise you that the new price is completely in line with our competitors price gap to their US counterparts.

BMW GTL gap to USA $3,380
Honda GL1800AL gap to USA $3,400
HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic gap to USA $3,000

Garry

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Roadsurfer

From the Wolf BMW sire:

The K1600GTL (all-inclusive price $29,225) is equipped with ALL of the following:
Safety Package: DTC Dynamic Traction Control, adaptive headlight, and tire pressure monitoring
Package One: ESA II Electronic Suspension Adjustment, LED fog lights, central locking with ground lighting and antitheft alarm
ESA II Electronic Suspension Adjustment
Audio system with Bluetooth audio and satellite radio
Docking staion for BMW Navigator, which will integrate with the audio and onboard computer systems
Central locking with ground lighting
Anti-theft alarm
LED fog lights
High fixed seat 780 mm (30.7 in) at no charge

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dmacd said:
Hi Roadsurfer

From the Wolf BMW sire:

The K1600GTL (all-inclusive price $29,225) is equipped with ALL of the following:
Safety Package: DTC Dynamic Traction Control, adaptive headlight, and tire pressure monitoring
Package One: ESA II Electronic Suspension Adjustment, LED fog lights, central locking with ground lighting and antitheft alarm
ESA II Electronic Suspension Adjustment
Audio system with Bluetooth audio and satellite radio
Docking staion for BMW Navigator, which will integrate with the audio and onboard computer systems
Central locking with ground lighting
Anti-theft alarm
LED fog lights
High fixed seat 780 mm (30.7 in) at no charge
I haven't found out what option package 430 and 431 are yet. I imagine that is all of the above.

Garry

·
Registered
268 Posts
garry_kramer said:
I haven't found out what option package 430 and 431 are yet. I imagine that is all of the above.

Garry

Package 430 is the safety package: DTC, Adaptive headlights, Tire pressure monitor

Package 431: ESA II, central locking, alarm, LED aux. lights, ground lighting.

It's all included now, all GTL's current and future coming to Canada will be fully loaded.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks, Guys. I obviously wasn't looking hard enough.

But Garry, how do you get "BMW GTL gap to USA $3,380" if the list price for the GTL in the US is $23,200 and in Canada it's $29,225.00?

·
Registered
268 Posts
RoadSurfer said:
Thanks, Guys. I obviously wasn't looking hard enough.

But Garry, how do you get "BMW GTL gap to USA $3,380" if the list price for the GTL in the US is $23,200 and in Canada it's $29,225.00?
The US price is the stock bike with no options, the CDN price is fully loaded with ALL options. Only the GT will be available here as a basic bike or with some options, the GTL will only be imported fully loaded.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fluffy said:
The US price is the stock bike with no options, the CDN price is fully loaded with ALL options. Only the GT will be available here as a basic bike or with some options, the GTL will only be imported fully loaded.
Right on Rocky. The only thing I don't know is if the Garmin GPS comes with it.

Garry

·
Registered
51 Posts
So I guess if a prospective Canadian buyer doesn't want all the bells and whistles of the fully loaded GTL, he'd have to look to a nearby US dealer, regardless of how much cheaper the bike would prove to be via that route. It's almost as though BMW is driving us to cross-border shop.

Or am I still confused?

·
IBR# 366
16,552 Posts
The first batch of US GTL's are also coming fully loaded. Once the initial new-bike-gotta-have-it surge dies down, I imagine that you'll be able to order them just they way you want them.

Besides, I'd almost be willing to pay Canadian prices to get an unlimited-mileage warranty . . .

·
Registered
51 Posts
"BMW Motorrad Canada warrants BMW motorcycles, imported by BMW Motorrad Canada to be free of defects in materials or workmanship for a period of 36 months, without kilometrage limitation...." The US BMW site doesn't seem to make it as easy to find info on the bike's warranty, but I take it that last phrase that is in the Canadian warranty is not there in the US one, Meese?

(If so, I suppose the Canadian winter is the likely explanation. How many klicks can you put on a bike in three years when that period is actually equivalent to less than two years of rideable months?)

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RoadSurfer said:
"BMW Motorrad Canada warrants BMW motorcycles, imported by BMW Motorrad Canada to be free of defects in materials or workmanship for a period of 36 months, without kilometrage limitation...." The US BMW site doesn't seem to make it as easy to find info on the bike's warranty, but I take it that last phrase that is in the Canadian warranty is not there in the US one, Meese?

(If so, I suppose the Canadian winter is the likely explanation. How many klicks can you put on a bike in three years when that period is actually equivalent to less than two years of rideable months?)
The "imported by BMW Motorrad Canada" is a limiting statement. They won't warrant a new US bike brought into Canada by a Canadian to bypass the Canadian dealers.

Garry

·
IBR# 366
16,552 Posts
RoadSurfer said:
I take it that last phrase that is in the Canadian warranty is not there in the US one, Meese?
The US warranty is limited to the lesser of 3 years or 36K miles. I hit 36K miles in the first year I had the K12GT . . .

·
Registered
51 Posts
So, Meese, the interesting question is whether the US dealers would take the same attitude toward a bought-in-Canada bike that, as Garry mentions, the Canadian dealers take toward a bought-in-the-US bike. In other words, could you in fact get a Canadian bike with a three-year unlimited mileage warranty? I expect the answer is negatory. SOOL, baby.

·
IBR# 366
16,552 Posts
RoadSurfer said:
In other words, could you in fact get a Canadian bike with a three-year unlimited mileage warranty?
Yeah, I don't think it would fly either, unless maybe I wanted to take it back to Canada for every service and warranty claim . . .

·
Registered
269 Posts
Re: Canadian price reductions/American

These are the prices posted at South East BMW in Michigan. They also have the pdf brochures online for both bikes.

GT= $20,900
GTL= $23,200

I'm sure these are standard model prices less freight tax and any options you will have to pickup through option packages which will bring the bike into the high twenties when all is said and done.

http://www.bmwmcsem.com/

1 - 20 of 22 Posts