BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,
My wife and I are heading to Canada in two weeks. Trying to be proactive and research gas prices up north. Looking on GasBuddy.com at Canada, the price reads " 122.0 " . Please,can someone help me understand the price I'm paying I'm at the pump.

·
Registered
596 Posts
one dollar twenty two cents per liter.
3.96 liters to an american gallon for reference.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
tenrocky said:
Gentlemen,
My wife and I are heading to Canada in two weeks. Trying to be proactive and research gas prices up north. Looking on GasBuddy.com at Canada, the price reads " 122.0 " . Please,can someone help me understand the price I'm paying I'm at the pump.
The price you are paying is for 1 liter of gas. 1 us gal = 3.785 L

$1.22 / L is roughly $4.61 / us gal. The Canadian and US dollar are very close to par right now.

Prices in Edmonton are about $1.10 / L. Prices in Ontario are (I believe) about $1.32 / L

Hope this helps

Garry

·
Registered
999 Posts
one US gallon is very close to 4 litres - here in Toronto $1.28/litre Canadian dollars - gasoline is more expensive here because of taxes also the price varies a lot across the country so it depends on where you are going

your gallon is 4/5 of an imperial gallon which is 4.55 litres - confused yet :)

·
Registered
519 Posts
Gas pricing in Quebec ( best part of Canada) is around 1.37 reg.

Bring a passport to cross the border from the US-Canada, less hassle and I think its

now required.

Regards,

Bowdon

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
bowdon said:
Gas pricing in Quebec ( best part of Canada) is around 1.37 reg.

Bring a passport to cross the border from the US-Canada, less hassle and I think its now required.

Regards,
Bowdon
As I was reading your post, I thought you were going to say to bring a passport to cross into PQ! :D

·
Registered
478 Posts
in vancouver gas is running/ liter. we have a stupid transit tax on fuel of 15cents per liter

gas/regular 87 oct is running 1.44/liter in about 5.44/gal
premium 91 oct is running 1.57/liter about 5.93/gal

the rest of the provence of b.c. is about 15 cents a liter less

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I guess I should not complain about $3.29/gal for 87 and $3.59 for 91... :D

·
Registered
609 Posts
Correction! You do not need a passport to cross into PQ from ON. There are several unguarded crossing. Just be quick. Gas here in the country north of Toronto is abt $1.40 for 91 octane

·
Registered
478 Posts
just jumped again yesturday to 1.48/l for reg 87 its a joke. that is why i spend all of my holidays in the u.s. and dont recomend anyone holidaying in b.c. beautful place with nice highways & beautiful scenery. but a total rip off in every way to much tax & everthing is way too expencive

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Do Canadians use Pesos?........... :confused:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
deputy5211 said:
I guess I should not complain about $3.29/gal for 87 and $3.59 for 91... :D
I will always have you beat.
We easily have the highes prices in the nation. Gas has not droped below $4 all year and I have seen it in the four 90's back in March. Currently it is between $4.59- $4.69 and that's just for reg. unl. The only plus our grades increase by 0.10 so Prem is just .20 more than any posted price. So if you complain we might send you up north to fill up :D
ride safe :bmw:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
bobst2 said:
well gary it pop up to 150.3 here last night so there is no reality to gas prices
Only thing we sell by the liter is pop/soda or bottled water.
Dont look now we might be catching up unl. reg. is upwards of $4.59/gal.
ride safe :bmw:

·
Registered
335 Posts
bobst2 said:
just jumped again yesturday to 1.48/l for reg 87 its a joke. that is why i spend all of my holidays in the u.s. and dont recomend anyone holidaying in b.c. beautful place with nice highways & beautiful scenery. but a total rip off in every way to much tax & everthing is way too expencive
I spent several days in Toronto with my family a few years ago. Someone gave me the heads-up to get any gas I needed before the weekend because they raise the prices on Friday for the weekend. And sure enough they did. I don't remember if it was a holiday weekend or not but it could have been. I'm just wondering if they still play that same price game.

·
Registered
478 Posts
they play the game every day fuel up after 8pm it drops a nickle.
chicago gas is expencive but at 150/liter x 3.78 per u.s.gallon = 5.67/gal
& premium is 165/liter= 6.23/gal yikes glad the lt gets such good milage

1 - 18 of 18 Posts