BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Like the motor, can we put the higher yield motor (2004 and newer) into an 2003 LT (or older) ? How about the transmission and the hydraulic stand?

And is there some testosterone to be added to these bikes, like turbo or chipp it? And would it do much good?

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
The motor and transmission should be an easy swap. I believe only internal components/parts were changed. And while the hydraulic stand has been done, it is a little more difficult. Probably easier and cheaper to just sell the old bike, and buy a newer one. But I'm sure you've already thought of that.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hehe yes I did, but I live In Norway, the "Land of Taxes and high prices" and a 2005 LT would cost a heck of a lot more ;(

My new bike that I bought from the USA is an 2003 but firstly registered december 4. 2002 and in to me with all customs etc the purchase prics have risen from 12K dollars to 30K dollars. And I could sell it for 40K dollars which is the going price for a used one of that stand here.

A new LT 2008 with little bling would cost $ 51.111 US :mad:

but the guys in Denmark even have to pay $ 86.666,. for an new LT :rolleyes: :confused:

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
paalao said:
hehe yes I did, but I live In Norway, the "Land of Taxes and high prices" and a 2005 LT would cost a heck of a lot more ;(

My new bike that I bought from the USA is an 2003 but firstly registered december 4. 2002 and in to me with all customs etc the purchase prics have risen from 12K dollars to 30K dollars. And I could sell it for 40K dollars which is the going price for a used one of that stand here.

A new LT 2008 with little bling would cost $ 51.111 US :mad:

but the guys in Denmark even have to pay $ 86.666,. for an new LT :rolleyes: :confused:
One more reason I like living in Texas!

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
I wonder if you need to also replace the computer to match the newer engine...

·
Registered
552 Posts
You can change the chip in the older bike along with the exhaust and that will give you a few more ponies.

·
Registered
127 Posts
You can change the pistons and the cams to the 05 and new type. They also increased size of the throttle bodes and the air box. The intake nozzle and silencer are larger. The exhaust headers I don"t know if those were increased in size or not. Then there is a different chip. That will get you started. Man I thought LTs' were a lot here in the US but now they look down right cheap.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Then try the fuel and oil prices.....

a uS gallon bough here would cost you $ 8,60.- (yes eight dollars and sixty cents)
a quart of standard engine oil is $ 20.-
a quart of mobile 1 is $ 35.-

kind a sad facts from the world third largest petroleum products exporter!

·
Registered
332 Posts
paalao said:
Then try the fuel and oil prices.....

a uS gallon bough here would cost you $ 8,60.- (yes eight dollars and sixty cents)
a quart of standard engine oil is $ 20.-
a quart of mobile 1 is $ 35.-

kind a sad facts from the world third largest petroleum products exporter!
I read an article from a large metropolitan newspaper that the average annual income in Norway is about $60,000 (USD). I would think, given the prices you mentioned above for gasoline and oil, that this income is used up pretty quickly. What is a representative cost for monthly rent/mortgage, food for a month, utility bills, automobile payments, etc.?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DakotaDude said:
I read an article from a large metropolitan newspaper that the average annual income in Norway is about $60,000 (USD). I would think, given the prices you mentioned above for gasoline and oil, that this income is used up pretty quickly. What is a representative cost for monthly rent/mortgage, food for a month, utility bills, automobile payments, etc.?
average is now 65k
the vat or tax on goods are 25% on non food and on food it is 13%
rent/mortage depends but I dont know the different prices, If you take my appt which is fairly large the value at sale now would be around US 500.000.- and I pay another 1200 dollars in rent.

When you concider the high rates on fuel, we are the most exspencibe country in the world on same, but if you concider our income then we are among the lowest prices in europe on fuel

I have no debth on my car but I have 30k on my new beemer and at 6.45% interest rate
but my sallery is about 95k dollars where I pay 36% taxes on that. And I still manage to save 2 k dollars a month

with all this we have free hospitals etc and one of the best wellfare systems in the world in all aspects.

And our filthy rich still choose to live in norway, despice the taxes...that tells kind a story I think :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts