BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I may be able to move the grips in a bit but remember bars are a taper and have just enough 7/8 diameter at the end.. I have not done a lot of miles but so far so good. I also installed 30mm shorter Tractives, so it is different in a bunch of places. I am mostly wondering about having the bars that far back from the head bearing. Instead of the middle of the bars directly over the pivot point they are now behind the pivot point. I need to see if the bars feel like they are 'swinging' around as opposed to pivoting at the bearing and does it matter to me. Does that make sense? I am looking for 1.25 to 7/8 tapered bars made of steel so they can be bent to what I want but no luck so far.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

I had given up on this thread months ago. Excellent work 515MOTO!! I'm convinced now that all I need are the Helibars and this will come together. I'd love to talk details with you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The 21 RT can be ordered with a "tubular bars" option. Do BMW use parts from another model or have they manufactured something else?

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Did you have to use a special tool to get everything OFF of the RT handlebar setup? Or is that only necessary if you're putting those Ilium Works risers so that you can replace the bars with their setup?

·
Registered
2017 R1200RT
333 Posts
515moto, any updates or thoughts on your new handlebars setup?

Sammy

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

21 - 25 of 25 Posts