BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can I install a VOICE II/CD radio on my 99LT?

I just bought a used VOICE II intercom and radio w/single disc CD player assembly and want to know if it will just fit into the existing wiring harness on my 1999 LTE.

I currently have the BC3 intercom and cassette radio on my bike.

The VOICE II/CD radio came complete with all wires attached to the devices, but before I attempt the install I want to be sure my harness will work OK.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
You should be able to with a little modification or purchase the harness $$$ from the stealer. Some where lurking in the forum is the wiring diagram that would be of great assistance. The reasoning for my thoughts are the basic (not changed) layout of the bike. As you have the BC3, most of the connections are there. I put a BC3 on my Y2K that did not have a comsystem, it too was complete. I did however have to power it up. Simple two wire power leads were made from the fuse box. As you have a "complete" system they should marry quite good. Once you get your old one off, you will know straight away if you need additional connections.
My only concern would be the RDU. I don't know why it would not work, but it could be an issue. Watch for battery drain as you are changing the hardware and the software may not be "completely" compatable.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts