BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can I change my front '01 fender to the new one ?

Hi !

Yesterday night, while standing 1 meter below a car, its driver pass the reverse gear and went to bump into my fender. Of course, she'll pay for its replacement but I'm wondering if the new fender can be mount on my 01 ?

Cheers,

Pierre-Alain

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
buffalo said:
Hi !

Yesterday night, while standing 1 meter below a car, its driver pass the reverse gear and went to bump into my fender. Of course, she'll pay for its replacement but I'm wondering if the new fender can be mount on my 01 ?

Cheers,

Pierre-Alain
I *believe* it's a drop-in replacement. The two screws on the top are in the same location (same fork bridge between the fork legs, with the same to screw-hole tabs at the front of the bridge). The later front fender is also secured to the lower fork legs by one screw on each leg; if (as I recall) your fork legs have the little cast-in tabs 100-150mm above the bottom front of the fork leg, you have the mounting locations for the later fender.

Hope it works out for you!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Fender & LT Taxi

For those of you that do not know, Pierre-Alain is using his LT as a Taxi in Paris. If you are ever there for a visit, give him a call and he'll take you for a ride or even a guided tour I am sure.

I attach a couple of pictures of him and his bike taken last weekend, when they headed back to Paris from our house in Sweden.

Stefan

Attachments

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Ah man!!

Finally I make the conection - sheesh, talk 'bout be'n slow on the draw.

You all have a good time! :thumb:

Lemme know when the package gets there, k?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts