BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my autocom working with my Zumo 550, which I had paired with my cell phone. Everything was working, one day callers could no longer hear me when I talked. I could hear them, and answer and hang up calls, but they couldn't hear anything.

I've since changed cell phones and paired it with the zumo, but the problem persists, so it seems the problem is either with the bluetooth module I had to add onto the autocom system, or the autocom itself. Neither is inexpensive. My plan is to try and repair the autocom bluetooth module with the zumo, and if that doesn't fix it, I'll probably bail on the autocom. I'm not happy with this system. I'll be looking at a bluetooth setup, maybe the cardo scala or chatterbox.

Any thoughts from the crowd, on either the problem I currently have with phone calls, or a replacement system?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Call me, it seems we have had a rash of this happening after people download a new map to the 550 and also new updates from garmin.

The 550 then does not recognize the autocom dongle. version 2.0 new update version 2.11 it should still work together but does not...................

.other issues that cause this problem,

the zumo and the autocom are not powered on and off at the same time, which does not allow one of the bluetooth devices to look for the other

the autocom dongle got paired somehow to the cell phone-----results in symptoms you are having.

the autocom dongle is paired to the zumo as a phone instead of as a headset......

the autocom dongle has gone bad

Call me if you need further assistance.....Kieth 918-446-2245

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the ideas Keith. I'm pretty certain the phone isn't bound to the dongle. I do see the Zumo recognizing the phone. Maybe rebinding the dongle with the Zumo will fix it. I never thought that a zumo upgrade might have caused this. It happened a long time ago, and due to working away from home, I haven't been riding the bike, so I never dug into it when it happened.

If the dongle itself is bad, I'm disappointed. That didn't last long; but it's too early to make that determination.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After upgrading the Zumo sw, I rebound the BT dongle to the zumo, and I can now answer calls.

Thanks Kieth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts