BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having used a SPIII for a few years now, a few things it doesn't do that I would like for a GPS to do.

1. Take a longitude/latitude input and plot to it.

2. Down load a route to my laptop and then print it out.

3. Take a snap shot of where, when, how fast and be able to send that to a printer.

4. Plot a course and clone it into another GPS via either a cable link or a computer.

5. Mac compatable. If nothing else, do this.

Had hacked my SPIII but it's too much trouble having to carry the laptop, cable connection and then it doing some not so funny stuff. It still sometimes gets revenge on me by trying to get me to make endless u-turns.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
gunny said:
Having used a SPIII for a few years now, a few things it doesn't do that I would like for a GPS to do.

1. Take a longitude/latitude input and plot to it.

2. Down load a route to my laptop and then print it out.

3. Take a snap shot of where, when, how fast and be able to send that to a printer.

4. Plot a course and clone it into another GPS via either a cable link or a computer.

5. Mac compatable. If nothing else, do this.

Had hacked my SPIII but it's too much trouble having to carry the laptop, cable connection and then it doing some not so funny stuff. It still sometimes gets revenge on me by trying to get me to make endless u-turns.
Let's see... 1) Not that I know of. 2) Yes. 3) Maybe in conjunction with a laptop. 4) Hmm...not really. You could save a track file after running a route and convert that to a route on your PC. 5) Ask eljeffe.

You might be better served with a 276c/376c.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts