BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
11 years on and it's still a good time! Got callbacks faster than anticipated, so things are a go for the ride to Cambria! The ride will be the weekend of May 21 - 22 (Saturday - Sunday), with nice rides going and coming on the coast, inland valleys, hills, and wherever else you may point your bike.

Here are the details -

Lodging - The BlueBird Inn - 800-552-5434 - Ask for Holly, she's available Wed - Sun, 7a - 3p

The Coopers retired and sold the Bluebird, but the new owners are nice folks and are making improvements! Sadly, it sounds like the pink bathroom tile may be gone due to bathroom remodels. :laugh: They've also added mini fridges and microwaves! Holly knows our group and has helped us before so call her and she can help you book a room. Make reservations for Saturday night, 5/21, and tell her you are with David Taylor's BMW Group. They have a variety of room choices and have given us the following pricing -

Standard Room, One Queen Bed - $84
Standard Room, Two Double Beds - $98
Standard Room, One King Bed - $98
Standard Room, Two Queen Beds - $110
Deluxe Room, 1 King - $140 (these have garden and creek views, balconies or patios, and fireplaces)
Deluxe Suite - $160 - (like the deluxe king, bigger and with a sitting room)
Family Room - $140 (sitting room, 2 bedrooms with 2 double beds in each)

They are taking reservations now, so feel free to sign up! The cut-off date for the rooms and rates will be April 22nd. After that any remaining rooms will be made available to the public and go back to regular price.

Dinner - Linn's Restaurant

No use messing with something that works! Dinner will be around 6:30 p.m. on Saturday evening. Good food and much visiting as always when we're here!

Once you get your room reserved please add your name to the attendee list on this thread so I can get a headcount for dinner.

Can't wait to see everyone again!

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
1. David Taylor

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Just checked with my social director (wife).... We won't be able to make it this year, as we will be in Miami attending our son's medical school graduation ceremony that weekend. :bmw:

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1. David Taylor
3. Gilles & Kathy

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,178 Posts
Just checked with my social director (wife).... We won't be able to make it this year, as we will be in Miami attending our son's medical school graduation ceremony that weekend. :bmw:
We'll miss you guys, but congratulations on the graduation! My twins girls are planning on getting into med school when they graduate from U of A in Tuscaloosa.:nerd:

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
We'll miss you guys, but congratulations on the graduation! My twins girls are planning on getting into med school when they graduate from U of A in Tuscaloosa.:nerd:
Thanks, but ouch, tell them to keep saving their money! My son and his girlfriend (in same class) combined, owe about $700K. :eek:

Reactions: zippy_gg

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Thanks, but ouch, tell them to keep saving their money! My son and his girlfriend (in same class) combined, owe about $700K. :eek:
Holly Cow, that's a lot of money to invest in learning how to balance a stethoscope over your shoulder.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Holly Cow, that's a lot of money to invest in learning how to balance a stethoscope over your shoulder.
And that's just medical school, but at least his undergraduate degree was a whole lot cheaper.... I have a whole lot different perspective now, when I'm in the waiting room thinking my time was valuable. :crazy:

·
Registered
411 Posts
We're in and reservation made. Two long rides this year, Cambria and Monterey :bike:

1. David Taylor
3. Gilles & Kathy
5. Brian & Bev

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1. David Taylor
3. Gilles & Kathy
5. Brian & Bev
7. Nick & Candace

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
1. David Taylor
3. Gilles & Kathy
5. Brian & Bev
7. Nick & Candace
8. Doug Sorchilla

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,178 Posts
1. David Taylor
3. Gilles & Kathy
5. Brian & Bev
7. Nick & Candace
8. Doug Sorchilla
Hey Doug, do you want to meet at our place on Saturday morning? :wink:

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1. David Taylor
3. Gilles & Kathy
5. Brian & Bev
7. Nick & Candace
8. Rob Bridenbecker

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1. David Taylor
3. Gilles & Kathy
5. Brian & Bev
7. Nick & Candace
8. Rob Bridenbecker
10. Tony & Brigid

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1. David Taylor
3. Gilles & Kathy
5. Brian & Bev
7. Nick & Candace
8. Rob Bridenbecker
10. Tony & Brigid
11. John Hazard

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Family conflict prevents coming down this year.
We will be in Monterey instead, my son has chartered a boat for the 21st, we be going fish'in !!!!
Hoping for calm seas and good weather for you guys.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Family conflict prevents coming down this year.
We will be in Monterey instead, my son has chartered a boat for the 21st, we be going fish'in !!!!
Hoping for calm seas and good weather for you guys.
That sounds like a good time! we'll miss you, hopefully we can cross paths in Fort Bragg in the fall.

Enjoy the fishing!

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi!

Just a couple of weeks until the Cambria ride. Smaller crowd this year, but that’s not a big deal, we’ll have plenty of fun! The Bluebird is looking forward to having us and dinner is arranged at Linn’s at 6:30 p.m., so everything is a go!

For those riding down from the north, if you want to ride down together we can meet at San Jose BMW at 9 a.m. and head out at 9:30. I like the inland route down last year and have heard the same from a couple of other folks, so I was thinking we can do that again, with possibly a modification to run down Peach Tree/Indian Valley/River Rd. into Paso Robles. We can stop for lunch in King City and top off tanks if needed. We can ride back up the coast on Sunday, or if traffic looks bad that way we can take a modified inland route back up.

Let me know if you want to ride down together so I know who to look for at SJBMW. I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone again!

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Enjoy the ride, guys! Sorry I can't make it this year, as I would have liked to try out my new bike, but plan on joining up for the Ft. Bragg ride in the fall. :bmw:

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Have a golf trip booked for that weekend so I will have to miss.
I went on 2 of these in the past. The first was in 2007 right after I purchased the RT! Since then I have done at least a couple of rides up to the area on my and always stat at the Blue Bird. The area is one of our favorites places for a quick overnight ride. We even use it for the first night on our longer rides up the coast.

Not sure if some of you know but they have added a fire pit about 2 or 3 years ago I want to say. Great place to put your feet and have a cocktail and a cigar if you're so inclined.

Enjoy the ride. Maybe I'll make the fall ride.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts