BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard from John Zeiler since the storms went through? I believe he's in North Alabama up near the border. Looks like his last post was on Wed!

Hope all is well with you John.

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Good point, Lynn. I was thinking Tuscaloosa and Birmingham and John is North of there so just assumed he was safe. But with a couple hundred tornadoes there's no tellin' John, we'd love to hear from you.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
I had pinged him and got his voice mailbox - told him folks were concerned and to check in on the forums if he has internet access.

Edit: btw, he wuz on the forums this morning. No posts tho.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
I just google Hazel Green, seems there is not power in the area.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,138 Posts
All is well. No power and at least 5 - 9 more days to get it back. Big transmission towers destroyed. Droid web is slow but we are safe and sound. Thanks for asking. Say a prayer for the less fortunate. Had a cancelled check from the Phil Campbell comunity (60 miles away) land on my deck intact. It was a wild ride watching all the storms go by.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Good to hear that you folks are OK John! Don't try to cash that check!

John

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
jzeiler said:
All is well. No power and at least 5 - 9 more days to get it back. Big transmission towers destroyed. Droid web is slow but we are safe and sound. Thanks for asking. Say a prayer for the less fortunate. Had a cancelled check from the Phil Campbell comunity (60 miles away) land on my deck intact. It was a wild ride watching all the storms go by.
John, Phil Campbell and adjoining Hackleburg took a hard hard hit....will be 30 plus dead in that area....lost schools and most of the businesses and Wranger plant as well...

We worked that area today, furnishing water and food for the volunteers and workers... I posted over in the SE folder that Eldridge Children's Home and KIds are OK, waiting on power...

BTW, I got a 3000 watt Honda generator in Ooltewah.... if you need it...
I am in NW Alabama at my Mom's and businesses taking care of few things...
let me know if you want to connect on getting it...
My Son will be home this weekend there in Ootlewah and can help you load it...

dgnorwood at gmail dot com

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Glad you are OK John and our prayers are with all those that have been devastated by these storms.

I don't know what it is about cancelled checks in these situations? Our local paper reported that a cancelled check from a hardware store here in Deltaville VA was found in Delaware after we got hit April 16. The folks who found it mailed it back. Fortunately nobody was injured here but we lost a Baptist Church, a community center and 30 homes.

All the best to everyone, keep those prayers going.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad to hear that you and Jean are OK. Even after seeing the aftermath on the news it's hard to imagine the magnitude of the devastation.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Glad you are ok John, things kinda stink everywhere in the SE.

Our little hometown of Ringgold was about taken off of the map. :(

I will be hard for the first time to actually "see" the devastation.

If you all need anything let us know. If you need Don's generator we can bring it to you.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,138 Posts
Thanks all. I have a 4 k gen I bought back in 95 after that tornado. I live only 5 miles south of full power in Tennessee. Up in Fayetteville at Shony's for a hot meal right now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts