BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removed the front wheel to replace the tire due to a large chunk (approx 1.5" diameter) of rubber missing due to age (5 yrs), miles, (17.5k) or debris impact. Would like to torque the caliper bolts back to OEM spec. Any idea what that might be?
Thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
Believe the torque on caliper bolts is 30Nm or 22 ft lbs be very careful not over tighten they strip easy

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,260 Posts
30Nm is correct.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,989 Posts
The torque specs. for the axle & front pinch bolts are as important as the caliper bolts. Do you maybe need those as well ?.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
C-A-D said:
Hmm.... Others say 30Nm. I say my repair manual gives 40Nm... I have always used that...

34 Brakes
Front brake
Brake Caliper to fork tube 40
Same here: 40Nm for the actual Caliper to Fork Tube. Now these are the Brembo, not BMW branded Calipers. Maybe they changed something for the newer system Calipers? Don't see why though, as they appear they same physically.

John

·
Registered
336 Posts
Older style bolts are 10mm, use 40Nm. 2002 and up use an 8mm bolt, 30Nm or 22 ft lbs

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting that year model requires a different torque value. I will use the 30Nm (22lf-ft) as I noticed removing them that it seemed they were not as tight as I would have thought them to be. Original pads, tire so I should have been the first. Thanks to everyone for your response.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts