BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Just a question for the wrenches around here, as something is perplexing me...

I was looking to replace the mounting bolts and the internal bolts/fittings of the front calipers with stainless steel equivalents; the present ones are ok but are looking a little furry and I know how bad they can get from experience from my R1100RT being used in all weathers all year round. Pre empitve replacement is therefore my intention.

There are no Kits avaliable for the K1200LT that I know of, and I know you must be very carefull about using the right type of stainless especially for the brakes. There are kits however for many BMW's contemporary to my 05 LT, and this got me thinking that BMW probably use these calipers across certain model ranges.

With this in mind I attempted to locate the part number for the front calipers in order to cross reference with other models to see whether a caliper kit for another K or even R would be suitable.

For some reason when I entered my Frame number into Realoem.com the site yielded two different fiches for the front brake assembly with different part numbers for the calipers on each. Now, to my knowledge my KLT does not have two front wheels...!?!

One of these fiches was titled "rivet pack" :confused:

So, if someone knows the part numbers for the Calipers for a 2005 KLT fitted with EVO tokicos that would be great.

Also, were these calipers used on any different models? might make my search a little easier.

Many thanks...

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,061 Posts
One was for the early ASB II caliper with "Brembo" on them and the other is for the I-ABS calipers with "BMW" on them. The bolts you want are these: 34 11 7 713 338 ISA SCREW - M8X32-10.9 ZNS3

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot John, do you know what type of bolts actually sit inside the caliper, the ones that hold the two halves together?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,061 Posts
Sorry no info on those.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.