BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all the crap I've laid out in the forum... :histerica Both good and bad mind you, I need some support....

I just found out that my company will be having our managers retreat in Gatlinburg, TN... Not but a stones through from Deals Gap... :dance:

I'm setting up most of the travel for the Managers, as they have us coming in on a Tuesday 4/12. However, I can (most likely will) travel on the Friday prior....

Anyone from the area know where I can rent an RT, GS or ???? places to stay around the area. I will be solo, unless I can convince another... Anything Bike related going on?

I can fly in to any surrounding airport to pick up the bike..

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
shoswell said:
After all the crap I've laid out in the forum... :histerica Both good and bad mind you, I need some support....

I just found out that my company will be having our managers retreat in Gatlinburg, TN... Not but a stones through from Deals Gap... :dance:

I'm setting up most of the travel for the Managers, as they have us coming in on a Tuesday 4/12. However, I can (most likely will) travel on the Friday prior....

Anyone from the area know where I can rent an RT, GS or ???? places to stay around the area. I will be solo, unless I can convince another... Anything Bike related going on?

I can fly in to any surrounding airport to pick up the bike..
People here know you too well.... You'll be going solo! :D

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
There is a convenience store along 143 in NC that rents KLR650s. I'm not sure if Eagle Rider in Knoxville has BMWs.

Here is a link to the place with the KLR650s http://thundermountainnc.com/

HTH

BTW, this is the week of STC. Known around these parts as Spring Training Camp. Ditch the manager's BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, cross the state line, and come for the fun, food, and friends. Mostly the FOOD! The Ironhorse Lodge makes some good eats.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,097 Posts
Lee beat me to it Hoss, but you are more than welcome to stop by STC at the IronHorse Lodge and vist. Jean and I will be up there Wednesday thru Sunday.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great to know there is something going on while I am back there... STC and deals gap... now If I can just find a bike... Not sure a KLR650 would keep my fat arse goin!

Doesn't matter what surrounding airport I go through, I would prefer BMW, maybe a concourse..... options.. options... options... NO HD!

Well at least I know I'm not leaving until the monday after... Can't go all that way and miss meetin folks... that would be down right rude... Someone send me some info will ya!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Gatlinburg, TN? Isn't that where they filmed Deliverance? Hmmm......maybe a boat ride instead for a little fun

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
bmrbob said:
Gatlinburg, TN? Isn't that where they filmed Deliverance? Hmmm......maybe a boat ride instead for a little fun

If you hear dueling banjo's playing RUN.....

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the assistance.... However, OMG rentals are fucking expensive... I found a place I could get a GS from and they wanted almost $2K for the week. Hell I'll buy a new one! I will however try to get over on Friday night... to STC

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,977 Posts
I was hoping to have the LT I bought from Lee510 ready for rental by now but I had to put it on the back burner for awhile. Hopefully I'll have it ready by mid summer and rent it for around $15 a day plus 15 cents a mile.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,097 Posts
shoswell said:
I will however try to get over on Friday night... to STC
Better if you can make Saturday night as that is a great prime rib night!!! But Friday will do if that is your only option.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,097 Posts
bmrbob said:
Actually Deliverance was shot in the Tallulah Gorge southeast of Clayton, Georgia and on the Chattooga River, dividing the states of Georgia and South Carolina. Additional scenes were shot as well in Salem, South Carolina and Sylva, North Carolina. A scene was also shot at the Mount Carmel Baptist Church cemetery, which now lies 100 m (300 feet) under the surface of Lake Jocassee, South Carolina.

·
Registered
114 Posts
John, I KNOW it was mostly filmed in Georgia, I was just funnin' about that, but you see, Hoss is looking forward to some good redneck man on man action at his "retreat" (wink wink), if you know what I mean

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Well, If you already own a bike.. Then why not consider riding cross country for a couple of days....

It's very theraputic...

John

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
shoswell said:
Gotta love an honest man. You're forgiven for the bad....really enjoyed the good. :)

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
If you make it Friday or Saturday, hunt me up. I'll be the guy with a Guinness in my hand. ;)

And you keep referring to Deal's Gap. I guess everyone needs to ride it once, but the Cherohala Skyway is why I keep going to that area ... again, and again, and again. Oh, and the people are great, as well. :)

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,168 Posts
messenger13_ver2 said:
If you make it Friday or Saturday, hunt me up. I'll be the guy with a truck-load of Guinness in my hands. ;)

:)
There... I fixed it for you! :toast: :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts