BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy,

Yep, did a search but couldn't find the tip on how to calibrate (correction factor) the board computer's mpg read out (2002 model, that is).

Does anyone remember how to do this.

Kicking myself for not writing down the instructions from a post many years ago.

Thanks, and forgive me if this info is readily available. I'm to dumb to find it.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Hey Warden,

Is This Thread what you were looking for?

I thought you disconnected the battery (and let all the bad mojo out of the computer) and then reset the throttle position senson.

Good Hunting

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
wardenross said:
Howdy,

Yep, did a search but couldn't find the tip on how to calibrate (correction factor) the board computer's mpg read out (2002 model, that is).

Does anyone remember how to do this.

Kicking myself for not writing down the instructions from a post many years ago.

Thanks, and forgive me if this info is readily available. I'm to dumb to find it.
I found the following two items by searching for "gas mileage" in the Hall of Wisdon. It is amazing how many old timers forget about searching there too.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,553 Posts
I think Steve hit it right on the money on entry #2.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve_R said:
It is amazing how many old timers forget about searching there too.
Thanks Steve!

Believe it or not, I did the search, but used words like "calibrate" and "correction factor". I'll gladly take the criticism as long as I got the right answer.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Should the formula actually be "(Displayed MPG/Actual MPG)*current cal factor"

I'm guessing the 1000 in the procedure reflects the factory default calibration factor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts