BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Cafe Rel

I started out this morning after discussing a meet up with Gilles and Cathy for an RTE to Franklin NC to meet up with pkpr1998 for lunch at Cafe Rel. Gilles and Kathy found their way being new to the area, to the gas station we agreed upon to begin our day. Fully fueled, we headed onto Interstate 985 to slab it to Franklin NC with hopes of finding some good roads after lunch.

After what seemed like forever, we finally crossed from GA into NC and were only a few miles away from out destination which we missed because my GPS took us past the actual address. We pulled over and called the cafe and we had to loop back after getting directions.

Finally we arrived at an upscale restaurant which was connected to a Hot Spot gas station in Franklin and met up with Brett ( pkpr1998).
The food was very good and the place was very popular. We had to wait a little while to be seated as Giles, Kathy and I were about 20 minutes late from the agreed upon time and between 11:30 and when we arrived, the place filled up. Did I say it was popular?

After lunch we pulled out the maps and looked for where to ride next only to be greeted by impending showers so rather than have a poor wet day on good roads, we opted to head west and try to make it out ahead of the weather.

We got some light showers before we parted and I headed South while Gilles Kathy and Brett continued West on towards home

We still got some good mountain views but stopped to refuel and put on rain gear ( I did) and continued on Westward. We parted ways and I went South on 60 down through Suches and Dahlonega to Home with a pit stop at TWS for a drink and to rest my butt for a few minutes.

All in all, it was a good day with 270 on the odometer for the day. There was one rock cutout we passed through and the difference in temperature as we passed through it was astounding. At least 10 degrees. I wish it stayed like that all day. It was very refreshing.

Shiny side up all day long is a good day any time.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
We had a good time; glad you all made it.

The last 40 miles I was in the worst rain that I have ever encountered on a bike!

We will do this again and hopefully Al and Jan got moved in on Sasturday

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Re: Cafe Rel

We had a good time; glad you all made it.

The last 40 miles I was in the worst rain that I have ever encountered on a bike!

We will do this again and hopefully Al and Jan got moved in on Sasturday
We saw it coming on Kathy's phone radar. I hit a few patches of light rain heading back south. Stopped at TWS for a soda and while I was inside it started getting dark outside very quickly. Popped my head out and decided no free refill and headed down the mountain while the road was dry. I managed to stay mostly ahead of it. It was a good time and I hope we can get Jan and Al on the next one with some of the better roads in scope.

Somehow I misspelled Cafe Rel in the title. I tried to correct it but it still shows in the thread list as Ral

1 - 3 of 3 Posts