Attachments

·
Registered
518 Posts
They work, but they won't fill up a tire if you have a flat. :histerica

·
Registered
835 Posts
K1200 thread.......c-pap sleep while camping would be in camping or chit chat thread?

·
Registered
498 Posts
kk610lt said:
K1200 thread.......c-pap sleep while camping would be in camping or chit chat thread?
What kind of oil do you use in your C-Pap, and how often do you change it?

Now it's a K12 thread....... :D

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
See Bob Rasters... I believe he uses one with an inverter and an extra battery....

Oh Bob !

John

·
Registered
876 Posts
Run an inverter off the K12, leave it running all night, then you can change the oil more often, and that can only be a good thing !! :histerica

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
OK. A cpap machine that is prescribed by a physician, used to deliver positive airway pressure due to the fact that you have a condition called sleep apnea, or you stop breathing while sleeping. Why would you want to risk your life on a car battery? Just asking here.
I know that people like to camp but if I had sleep apnea I would want to plug my machine into an outlet and know I will wake up in the morning.

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
None of the machines using either direct battery power or battery and inverter, etc will run the heated humidifier function for the most part. When camping, struggle along with the machine only, or use the humidifier as a passive moisture source, not a heated source. And camp where it's already humid at night when you can! :)

·
Registered
835 Posts
smahon said:
Here's why I'm glad it's in this thread (and why I'm not buying a GTL):

K1200LT(135 Viewing)
K1600GT/GTL(8 Viewing)
Camping(2 Viewing)
Chit Chat(24 Viewing)
Guess I'm just anal about topics and threads. I always scan all of the threads to find an interesting topic. If we mix them all up, why have catagories? Espcially when it is as far off the topic as this.

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
As a rule, and as a moderator, I'm in general agreement, but this is also a community first, a community that is here for an exchange of information among friends and one that encourages such an exchange. And, when a member innocently asks a question, and a number of experienced members reply, it is not the end of the world or the end of the organization as we know it. We try to be somewhat tolerant of minor issues such as this, and he makes a great point -- here is where the biggest number of folks are usually gathered. And as always, if there is a thread somewhere that you don't have any interest in, at least for the brief and foreseeable future in this country, you still have the individual freedom to skip over it. Or read it and ignore it. Or comment on it. Or not. Thanks for offering your viewpoint.

·
Registered
183 Posts
sheldan2 said:
OK. A cpap machine that is prescribed by a physician, used to deliver positive airway pressure due to the fact that you have a condition called sleep apnea, or you stop breathing while sleeping. Why would you want to risk your life on a car battery? Just asking here.
I know that people like to camp but if I had sleep apnea I would want to plug my machine into an outlet and know I will wake up in the morning.
Sheldan2,

Let's not get too dramatic here. Many sleep apnea patients go undiagnosed for years and wake up every morning. The buildup of CO2 in the blood drives the reflex to begin breathing again after cessation. It's the number of episodes per hour that determines the severity of the syndrome.

There are alternatives to CPAP machines for the patients unable to tolerate the device, the sounds, straps, etc. I had patients, who were not comfortable with CPAP, wearing an appropriate dental appliance. Their sleep apnea was well controlled without being "tethered" to an electrical cord. Often weight loss will result in a "cure" too. Retired now and just trying to inform and help. Ride safe.

Bruce :)

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
If you're genuinely concerned about camping with a C-pap,
just google portable C-pap machines,
for around $250 you can get one with a rechargeable battery they claim lasts 27 hours.

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts
kk610lt said:
Guess I'm just anal about topics and threads. I always scan all of the threads to find an interesting topic. If we mix them all up, why have catagories? Espcially when it is as far off the topic as this.
Then this is a good time to suggest again that all of us (on this site) use the "New Activity" search feature. A couple of clicks, and you are presented with all the new stuff - from all forums - since the last time you were here.

Click on New Activity > Threads > Since Last Visit. Nice feature. :cool:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts