BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks.
I'm going to get a set of HID's via the group buy (thanks Pat!) but also want to pick up a couple of other items I can't seem to get here in Oz. Pat has generously offered to accept and ship the HID items to me.
However I also want to get:
Aux audio input BMW part #82 11 0 149 389
And maybe a set of motolights, caliper mounted.

Here's the rub, each shipment from the US is probably around $20-$40US (thats $25-$50Au). So to buy and ship 3 seperate items, I'm up for at least $75-$150 in real money, which to me is wasteful.

So, any good sole out there in a position to help me acquire said items and organise in a single shipment to Au? Can pay via paypal to cover all costs, so let me know.

regards

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Chris,

I'm happy to help, but prefer payment by postal US Dollar money order. Not real keen on PayPal. I've done this for others in the UK & elsewhere, and happy to help our brothers in Oz.

Let's PM details.

Tony

·
Registered
805 Posts
Chris and Tony, if there is a glitch that comes up somewhere, let me know and I'd be happy to help out.

Chris, have you considered the other option? Nice little flight for you and the bike from Oz to the US, then a cross-country trip visiting all the farkle sellers? The savings on shipping costs for the little darlings would probably pay for the trip!

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mate, saw what Hilton came back with from a CCR visit... dangerous!!! ;-)

Still toying with the idea of doing a bike swap trip next year US/Aus, just not sure as the lady doesn't want to spend too long on a bike ride. Too many options at the moment!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Chris,

have you tried getting the aux cable in Aus. I was thinking of getting it but have not had the time to ring around yet.

Brendan

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aux cable

Yep.
Contacted a BMW dealer yesterday and got a reply that said it's not available, and wasn't a "product" that BMW had released as it was in a testing phase??? What gives?
Its been available in the US for a while, although they do state on th Ebay site that it may not be compatible with non-US vehicles.
Pretty sure its for the same radio that shipped for most of the LT models around same timeframe as mine was built, as far as I can tell.
For another $40-$50 its worth a shot!

If you want one from US, perhaps we could order a second one and get it shipped in my goodie box with mine by Tony? What model radio you got (on the front in the oddments box)
Let me know..
C.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi,

thanks for the offer. Bike went in for its 1000km, only 600 km overdue! service today and I am traveling for work and don't get back until Friday, will check then. From memory the radio is the Professional 2000 model. I would love to take the 6 stacker CD out of the pannier and replace with an iPod.

I'll confirm on Friday.

thanks,

Brendan

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I've got the Professional 2000 radio in my US '05 LT. Chris has the info on the bit needed from the dealer as well as the source. Already a package hopping across the globe, feel free to add your part to it. Just have it shipped here, Chris has my info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts