BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of adding an extended warrantee to my 2003 LTE with 18,000 miles. Can the group suggest a get one and where to get it?

Must be transferable to new owner.

Thanks.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Extended Warranty

I just bought one for my 05 LT - got it thru Beaudry Motorsports in Post Falls, Idaho.

·
Cat Herder
1,467 Posts
I bought AfterCare

I bought the AfterCare warranty from my dealer at $350 a year for 3 years. They just started the 3 year contract last May.
I get lodging if bike can be fixed within a day or two, towing to nearest dealer, car rental to get me back home if bike can not be repaired quickly, road side assistance and a bunch of other stuff.

I used the towing service once and it was very good. They contact a tow service for you and call you back every 15-30 min to make sure you are OK. If the towing service does not show up in less than an hour the hound the crap out of them until they show.

Jeff
:D

·
Registered
659 Posts
Pinnacle has been getting good reviews here on the board. Gina's of Iowa City is where I'll get mine. $840 for three years w/o ABS coverage (extra $100 or so). Transferable.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
The ultimate farkle...

http://www.pppcoverage.com/ is the URL for the Pinnacle site.
They were fabulous. No hassle at all.
I should be their poster child.
I got all my final bills now and Pinnacle paid $8,970,50 for a new engine and labor. Then the next day, after riding 500 miles down the road they paid another $4,085.43 for a new transmission. They cover electrical, ABS which many do not and it is transferable. I cannot say enough good thing about them.
I might add that my bike has never run any better. It is unbelievably smooth and even spunkier than it was with the chip.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Can Pinnacle's coverage be purchased after you own the bike?

TIA

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
airborneod said:
Can Pinnacle's coverage be purchased after you own the bike?

TIA
Yes - from a motorcycle dealer - but it's slightly less expensive if your bike is still under the manufacturer's original 3 year, 36,000 mile (USA) warranty.

- Bob

·
Registered
711 Posts
I went with Motorcycle Services (www.motorcycleservices.com). I paid $868 for a 72 month contract. Keep in mind that contracts run from the time you bought your bike, so my 72 month contract gives me 3 years of extended warranty after my factory warranty expires. And, you should buy a contract a month or so before your factory warranty expires, or the prices really jumps.

I have the Motorcycle Services contract on my Web site if you want to see it: go to http://www.riderwest.com/Documents/ServiceContract.pdf

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
:sun: :yeah: :thumb:
I purchased mine as I was approaching 36 thousand miles. My bike is a 2001, my warranty on that bike runs until: August 05, 2009
Yep, I am a very happy camper.

·
Registered
272 Posts
larryschumer said:
I have the Motorcycle Services contract on my Web site if you want to see it: go to http://www.riderwest.com/Documents/ServiceContract.pdf
I bought from them too...they had a special of 20% off for the month of Oct, which I found as I was calling around in late Oct. I think I paid about $789 for the additional 3 years which covered ABS.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Extended Warranty

I'm also shopping for an extended warranty.

There are 3 or 4 I am reviewing and haven't decided on one yet.

Lone Star BMW offers one for about 1300 for 3 years. Jenny (who works there and sells the warranties) says it is comparable to the oem warranty, and may be better than pinnacle. (Hard to believe after reading some of the above posts.)

Warranties4Wheels offers a 5 year unlimited mileage bumper to bumper for a little under $1000.

I also have a copy of motorcycleservices.com warranty. The price is in line with the above posts.

Still deciding.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts