BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my 05 LT a month ago and realize that I cant be without. I guess I need a 12 step program for the K1200LT. I thought I would at least go look at the Goldwing and Ultra HD.
I was surprised at the lack of fit and finish on the Goldwing. It was an 09 but I didnt feel right sitting on it and the dash on just appeared cheap. Was it just me? The Ultra is great and they promise the 09s ride smoother than the earlier years and I know they hold the resale value. However it wont get up and go like an LT and it looks just like everyone else around here driving a HD.
Im looking at a used 07 LT with 6k miles or a new 08 or 09. Any thoughts and any difference between the years?
Also looking at Bob's BMW in MD or Adventure BMW in Va. Any experience with either dealer?
Thanks

·
Registered
511 Posts
Alex,

I agree with your assesment of the GW and what it does not do, even when you are just sitting on it. Do not have experience with the HD but I do not even have to sit on it! I guess you will have to weigh and measure why you decided to sell the LT and does it still apply in your case.

No diference in 07-09 years except for color choices and I believe the later models do not come standard with comm.

I hear a lot of good things about Bob's and how they go out of their way to servie you. Having said that, I have only made 1 used part purchase from them, and I was satisfied.

Good luck on your decision.

Mugz

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have an '09 with 6,300 miles on her. Health reason's are causing me to sell.
PM me and we can work out a deal.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
When we were looking to replace my HD FXRS with something more comfortable, we test rode the ones we were considering. Ones we weren't allowed to test ride, we didn't consider.

Best from Tucson
Bob

·
Registered
191 Posts
Mortons has a low milage 2000 or a 2001 I believe for under $8k.

·
Registered
635 Posts
The GW has a truly great motor but the rest of the bike really does nothing for me. The instrumentation is truly horrible and looks like something from a early 80's bike. The MPG from what I hear is nothing to rave about either. I didn't get the HD thing back in the 70's and I still don't get it today.
I'm waiting for a bike I sold to be finalized, when it does I'll be putting my 05 LT up for sale just with a little less the 19K on it. PM if your interested in another 05, if not come on back to the BMW side of motorcycling ............you'll enjoy and have a deeper appreciation for it since you have been gone from it for a while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts