BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at buying a used LT in 7-8000.00 dollar range. Are there certain things to watch for or years to stay away from. For that price I am probably loking at 2000 to 2002 models. Any info will be greatly appreciated. First time poster hoping to join in the fun soon.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Try using the search function. It will provide you with plenty of information. If I recall the 99-04 or 05 year LT's are pretty much the same. There is about a 4% failure rate of the final drives for the 99's and possible 00 LT's. With that said, knock on wood, I have a 99 LT with 60,000 on it and have not had a problem. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
have a look at the classifieds on this site you are bound to pick up a great well maintained bike

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
I would look for one with low miles under 30 to 40,000 miles. Also check the rear wheel for side to side or up and down play. if there is "ANY" play in the rear wheel "RUN DON"T WALK" as the bearing has gone south.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Sadly, I have decided to sell mine. I will PM you about it.

Good luck on your search/purchase. You have completed the smartest first step by joining this forum. You will learn much little grasshopper, listen, read and learn here then snatch the grasshopper from the hand of life and RIDE ! :bike:

You will love the LT, and learn that the little negative issues ( you'll hear about here) are by far outweighed by the postives.

http://www.bmwlt.com/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/657

·
Registered
167 Posts
about to put my 00 Red canyon for sale ( would like to move to 05 or 06 ).
Just came back from 6,000 miles trip to the North West & the Canadian Rockies,
Amazing trip on Amazing Bike with outstanding performance ..let me know if you have an interest

Yair

1 - 6 of 6 Posts