BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jut made a deal to by a '97 K1100LT at the begining of the week. It's the specail edition Maroon & Dark Grey. Beautiful bike from the pictures. Has 30K on the OD. Found it on the ibmwr site and closed the deal today and will be picking the bike up to ride home on Monday. :D

Any advise on the operation and care of this machine?

Reactions: mconlogue

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
Hot dang, Bud. I been waitin' to see when you were gonna throw a leg over what!! Good newz. Ride 'er safe, and throw a pic our way when time permits.

Really happy for ya.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Damn, I sold tht bike to buy my '05~!!

but mine had 80k on her. really strong bike, and I think that I have a pdf manual for it on my other computer at work. If so, I will let you know, and e-mail it to you. It is hotter to ride due to the engine heat, and the passenger isn't anywhere near as comfortable, but hey, I put 25k on mine (I bought it used) in a year, and was very happy.
-M

·
Registered
4 Posts
i am sure you will be as happy with your Bemmer as i am with mine, i have a '03 LT. the wife says she's not a comfortable on it as she was on our old '84 Kaw. Voyager. i can't belive that, i hope you have as many trouble free miles as i have enjoyed with mine.
Good Luck and Safe Riding
Dick

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Woody,

Very cool! Glad to see you are back on a scoot. Although I never owned one, I've always had a fondness for the K1100LT - nice lines, seem to run fine, and very 'farkle-able'. Be safe and send pics :).

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Welcome back buddy!

That is really a nice bike. I nearly bought a K1100LT.

I think you will really like it.

I understand it is a lot easier to work on.

Congrats!!!

Hey, you are doing better than me. At least you have a bike. I have one butt it just on't come home. Ali is still in Reno.

Germany called and they are out of transmissions.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Welcome back buddy!

That is really a nice bike. I nearly bought a K1100LT.

I think you will really like it.

I understand it is a lot easier to work on.

Congrats!!!

Hey, you are doing better than me. At least you have a bike. I have one butt it just will not come home. Ali is still in Reno.

Germany called and they are out of transmissions.

I'm thinking [email protected]#$%

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all for your replies. I paid more than I wanted to spend at this time, but Lori and I discussed it and decided to buy a nice bike and a cheap car to get me thru the winter. :D I have always admired this model, so now I get to own one!

Mark...the guy stated that he had the CD Manual for me as well as the repair section printed out. He also has the Clymer manual for it. So I'll let you know if I need it. ;)

Connie...WTF???!!! I had been keeping up with you on the repairs but thought that they had completed it and you had Ali home safe and sound. Sorry to hear about Germany being so slow. I recall that Barbara had stated that in her past life her ex had dealing with Germany on machinery and that when they got back to producing whatever part he needed was when it got addressed. Could be sooner but more than likely later. They don't quite understand our "I gotta have it yesterday" mentality. Hope it is sooner for you.

I'll try topost some pics he sent me.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
At least it's in the fastest color catagory. ;) :)

·
Registered
697 Posts
Steve_R said:
At least it's in the fastest color catagory. ;) :)
I had a chance to ride my old 94 K1100 LT a year or so after I bought the K12 and I couldn't believe how much stronger it was in acceleration over the K12!! You get use to whatever you're riding though.

I rode my K11 about 45k miles with not nearly as much trouble as the K12.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It’s home! I arrived home with my "New" bike last night. Rode it from Pittsburg without incident. Came to find out that there are absolutely no rear brakes though. Could be why there’s a red light giving me a break failure warning light on the dash?

I am awaiting the arrival of the title, so it will give me some time to do the necessary repairs before I ride it again.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Dave but it kinda depends on "whats her name". Still haven't received my goods from the house. So if she doesn't get the stuff up here soon, I may be making a trip to fetch it :mad: .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts