1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Checked my gaps at the weekend
3 inlets are too tight (by 0.5mm)
out they come

Bob Sayers EXCELLENT dvd (couldnt have got this far without it) states that you should measure the buckets you have taken out and chuck them.
Two questions;
1. has anyone evr found the buckets to be out of spec?
2. has anyone had any problems with just swopping buckets?

I have had 3 pro opinions from this side of the pond that say that the buckets are never out of spec on a BMW K and that they are just fine for exchanging as required to another port.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I have never seen a LT bucket that wore significantly. Swap them at will. I always kept my old buckets for the next guy who might need one.

·
Registered
323 Posts
When I did my valve clearance checks this winter I found 11 out of spec. I reduced that to 7 by interchanging buckets and ordered 7 new to correct those. I measured all 16 buckets and found them all to be in spec. I gave my old buckets to a member of this community. I would not hesitate to interchange or swap buckets out to get the correct settings.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
grifscoots said:
I've done 13 valve adjustments using used buckets.
Maybe if you had used new ones, you wouldn't have had to adjust them so many times. :histerica

-joel

ps: yes, I'm just kidding

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just finished my valve adjustment and found that I had 9 out of spec. I did a little swap and only had to buy 5. I did not hesitate to reuse them. I had never done any work like this before but with the gunsmoke notes I found the process to be a snap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts