BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body want to trade buckets. My dealer says no because (sit down for this) they just dont change them that much and has no old ones.Ha.
I need 270/275.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Zeke said:
Any body want to trade buckets. My dealer says no because (sit down for this) they just dont change them that much and has no old ones.Ha.
I need 270/275.
Thanks.
Funny youy should sy that... The infamous Honda/BMW/Kawasaki/suzuki/Seedoo/etc... of Hollywood told me they didn't even know what these were and they have never replaced any. They don't have any in stock either. WTF?

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Zeke said:
I need 270/275.
Thanks.
That is one stupid dealer. Some dealers just throw out the used ones, but the more inetlligent dealers keep them for user swaps. My dealer in San Diego swapped me a couple of times, and he had probably 150-200 used ones in his shop swap box. He said they never swap themselves, as someone might complain about getting a "used part", but keep them for "do it yourselfer's", knowing that used ones are technically just fine to re-use.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Zeke said:
I need 270/275.
Thanks.
Zeke, I also plan on asking site members to swap or buy their buckets when my next inspection comes up. The residual ones I now have are 2.85/3.00. Sorry I can't help you there. And I don't mean to hijack your thread, so, I keep my used buckets (cam followers) submerged in clean oil and I'm hoping others are taking a similar precaution. Also, can we assume your leftovers will be a 2.75 and a 2.80?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, you all are right. It seems more DIY are doing the work that the dealers wont or are too inept at doing.
I have 280,285,290. But this is only the third time for a change at 160k, so I guess its not that bad. But usually I have 6 or so to change at a time and at 21$ for a piece that NEVER wears out is hard to swallow. Keep looking, maybe a dealer that knows his stuff can work out a deal with us for swap outs. Cant wait much longer, I will have to order them.
I'm going to call Daytona BMW and see if he will do it. A good excuse for a 400 mile ride.

Zeke

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
johnhunter44 said:
This thread is beginning to sound like someone going snipe hunting.....

Same luck on both. LOL

·
Registered
53 Posts
I checked mine & dont have the sizes you need.
I have (2) 2.9, (1) 2.8, (2) 2.85.
Would be happy to pass them along if they were the needed ones......... :(

Happy New Year

·
Registered
66 Posts
Zeke said:
I need 270/275.
Thanks.
Zeke, I have two 2.75 buckets and three 2.80. You can have them if they help. Let me know

1 - 10 of 10 Posts