BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I wait until Tuesday to see which dealers have them...

Anybody have some 2.90 buckets? I need three of them.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Got em. PM me for delivery instructions.

·
Registered
86 Posts
excuse my ignorance, but what is a 2.90 bucket? :confused:
Ernie

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Buckets are really cam followers. They make them in .05 mm increments. If you have a tight valve that has a 2.95 mm bucket you adjust it by replacing that with a 2.90mm bucket thus "gaining" .05 mm additional clearance (the LT vaves alway wear tight).

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
beemerrider said:
excuse my ignorance, but what is a 2.90 bucket? :confused:
Ernie
Buckets are used to adjust the valves on the motor of the LT. Here's what one looks like.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks guys!!!
Ernie

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
John,
I'm pretty sure I have a few of those.
If you're not set yet, PM me and I'll check, confirm, and get 'em out express.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Curtis,

Jeff has 'em in the mail already. I just need to get it all back together before Saturday Afternoon when I head for FT Hood, TX.

Looks like I may be up in your neck of the woods at the end of the month. I have to go to Andover, MA and will take a few days off after and get Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont under my belt. I have had so much business travel lately the only way I am going to get any serious riding in is to take the bike on a few of these trips.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
jzeiler said:
Thanks Curtis,

Jeff has 'em in the mail already. I just need to get it all back together before Saturday Afternoon when I head for FT Hood, TX.

Looks like I may be up in your neck of the woods at the end of the month. I have to go to Andover, MA and will take a few days off after and get Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont under my belt. I have had so much business travel lately the only way I am going to get any serious riding in is to take the bike on a few of these trips.
Well, if we don't hook up for a little time for sumpthin, I'll be disappointed.
PM me and let me know your sched.

Multiple Choice:
a. Lunch
b. Dinner
c. A place to stay
d. A few miles together
e. All of the above

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
jzeiler said:
Thanks Curtis,

John Ft Hood is only an hour from Austin. If ya have some free time give us a holler

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
katnapinn said:
John Ft Hood is only an hour from Austin. If ya have some free time give us a holler
Yeah I know. I don't know what my time will be like but I should have time one day to hook up in the evening. I'll be there Sunday afternoon thru Wednesday night. Heck if I leave early on Saturday I can be there for most of the day Sunday. I lived in Austin from 76 to 80 and used to go out to Lake Travis all the time. Keep Sunday afternoon open for sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts