BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and on one of the tipover protectors. Anybody experienced this? The tipover protection doesn't bug me much, and I may just end up removing the small gills...but still. It's kind ofn annoying and I wonder if it's widespread? (Searching the forum makes me think 'no')

·
Registered
795 Posts
I've got bubbling on the tip over chrome. Not sure what causes that but I suspect that whatever they spray on the ABS plastic to plate the chrome on is no longer sticking to the plastic, possibly not applied properly or maybe the piece was flexed and caused failure to adhesion. All I know is that for $130 I'm living with it until it becomes significantly noticeable.

·
Registered
375 Posts
copperstatetour said:
I've got bubbling on the tip over chrome. Not sure what causes that but I suspect that whatever they spray on the ABS plastic to plate the chrome on is no longer sticking to the plastic, possibly not applied properly or maybe the piece was flexed and caused failure to adhesion. All I know is that for $130 I'm living with it until it becomes significantly noticeable.

Me too...tried to get it taken care of while it was still under "warranty", but my local dealer said NO WAY! WTF, but I had the last laugh when it was time to get a new bike.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ez_rdr55 said:
Me too...tried to get it taken care of while it was still under "warranty", but my local dealer said NO WAY! WTF, but I had the last laugh when it was time to get a new bike.
Great. I bought yer freekin' bike! :rotf:

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Mine is bubbling as well. Looks cheap........... :cool:

·
Premium Member
7,819 Posts
Yes, this occurred on both sides (IIRC) of my '05 LT. I finally replaced 1 (both?) sides when I couldn't stand it any longer. Purely cosmetic, but come on BMW - fix this problem.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It doesn't bug me yet ("As is, No Warrantee"), I may see what it looks like with them removed altogether and live with that...eventually.

Replacing all 4 would be $160...and I've better things to spend that kinda money on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts