BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this tire weight rated for the LT? My 05 had one on it when I purchased the bike....... :confused:

·
Registered
860 Posts
rattler50 said:
Is this tire weight rated for the LT? My 05 had one on it when I purchased the bike....... :confused:
58H Front Load 520lbs. and 130MPH speed rating...

In a word... nope... While the weight is OK, the speed rating makes it a no-no in my book...

BMW recommends 58V's... That means the BT020 is you want Bridgy's...

Don't see a tire in the 045 avail for the rear... and wouldn't want it anyway...

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
According to the Bridgestone Tire site's BT-45 page, the BT45 does not appear to be available in the specified LT rear tire size of 160/70-17. Additionally, none of the rear tire sizes show "reinforced" and the closest any come to the 79V rating is 70V. Did not see any front tires in 120/70-17, either.

Of course, I could have missed it even though it was right in front of me (just call me Mr Magoo), it seems that not only is it not rated for the LT, it is not even offered in the correct size for the LT.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the matching tire for my new BT020R. I'll install it before I ride to Maggie Valley. The BT045 looks like it's starting to dip already. It was a cheapie the dealership (VW) threw on before they sold it. I'll feel better with the right tire on the front........ :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts