BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For everyone except Andy -

I'm rebuilding the boat dock behind my house. I own a Sears saw and when I changed the last blade, I noticed that the "BLADE WASHER behind the SPRING WASHER holding on the blade was broken. It is not a normal washer as it has an internal flat side. The model number of the saw is 315.10860 and the part number is 1-606334-01.

Sears no longer makes this saw and parts are not available. Any suggestions? I just finished cuting 12 - 2 X 6's and the saw seems to work with the part put in place and bolted down with the locking screw. Here are a few pictures. Maybe get it welded back? I can probably buy a new saw for an less than hour at the ER!

Attachments

·
Registered
596 Posts
Try
www.erepacementparts.com

It will give you the schematic of any electrical tool with part numbers, as long as you have the model number.

As for the washer, any washer from any saw will work.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
JB Weld............after it cures it is totally machinable so you can clean it up and it should be stronger than original.............B-Safe.............j

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for both suggestions.. I'll check them out.....

Having to do with the same project, I just found out that if you drop a Black and Decker Hand Sander in the river while it's running running, it stops running.

BUT, if you then dry it out with a hair dryer and spray it all over the inside with WD-40, it will start to work again as good as new!

·
Premium Member
2,945 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
It's just a washer.. And the flat is probably completely unnecessary....Just helps to keep the blade from slipping.. Just torque her down...

Get a new washer at the hardware store...Maybe a little thicker so you'll have "squish" room.

Cut to size, Hammer to fit....

John

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JPSpen said:
It's just a washer.. And the flat is probably completely unnecessary....Just helps to keep the blade from slipping.. Just torque her down...

Get a new washer at the hardware store...Maybe a little thicker so you'll have "squish" room.

Cut to size, Hammer to fit....

John
Thanks John, but from Sears:

We're sorry. This part is no longer available. No alternate or substitute part has been recommended by the manufacturer.
~~~~~~
Saw still seems to work OK as I can put the washer back together and it's held in place with a "squish" type of washer. I was concerned that the flat part that fit on the axel was critical to the blade moving or slipping. I'll give it a try with a simular washer that does not have the flat spot. See if it makes a difference.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Dan, you may be able to stack a small and large washer. If the jb weld is handy it'll keep washers together during blade changes. Check the standard and metric washers.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
There is no humor in Andy's accident, but your tie in to his saw usage and advice for your situation was quite comical.

Nice one Dan:D

DanDiver said:
For everyone except Andy -

I'm rebuilding the boat dock behind my house. I own a Sears saw and when I changed the last blade, I noticed that the "BLADE WASHER behind the SPRING WASHER holding on the blade was broken. It is not a normal washer as it has an internal flat side. The model number of the saw is 315.10860 and the part number is 1-606334-01.

Sears no longer makes this saw and parts are not available. Any suggestions? I just finished cuting 12 - 2 X 6's and the saw seems to work with the part put in place and bolted down with the locking screw. Here are a few pictures. Maybe get it welded back? I can probably buy a new saw for an less than hour at the ER!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
sears / craftsman life time warrenty...just take the saw back and get a new saw.....
or there is Harbor Frieght......

·
Slow Old Guy
2,012 Posts
Dan,

I am not familar with that saw, but is the hole in the blade the same size as the shaft on the saw? Looking at the washer it looks like the blade might rest on the outside of the flange. If this is the case, it the washer goes away while using the saw you run the risk of the blade spinning off center. If it works this way I would make a new spacer using two appropiate size washers and some JB Weld or similar epoxy. I would not use that saw with a broken washer.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Dano, I would push the issue with Sears. I had a dado head with carbide teeth and sent it back to Sears to have some teeth replaced. They informed me that that particular unit was no longer made, but offered me a new and improved unit for the cost of what the replacement teeth would have been. I was impressed.

If you can talk to a real person (in this country) they may do something for you.

Good luck :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts