BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sue it's here somewhere, but I cant find detailed directions on shift linkage repair. The ball that broke on mine seems to be the one that most have broken also. And, as others, will need an easy out to get the threads out.

Could somebody point me to a step by step repair? I have the peg off, and can see that getting the ball apart must have a trick to it. And getting it all back on once it's off looks interesting also. So, any and all help would be very welcome. Email me if you wish, or shoot me a PM with a number and I'll give you a call.

The part number of the ball I need would be nice too. And, I do see talk of a "aftermarket" linkage kit. Any suggestions?

Thanks All, in advance.
Joel

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
Joel,
I replaced my linkage last month with an after market unit made by a forum member. Not sure if he is still active.

PM me with your address and I'll send you my parts form the change out. :bmw:
Paul

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,061 Posts
This will not show you how to drill it out but will show all the parts to the linkage

Ball pn is
07 11 9 901 736 BALL PIN

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.