BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After trying the different ways to remove the glass I did it several times using the paint mix sticks. apparently got over confident and broke one.
Does anyone have the left LT mirror I can buy? Beemer Boneyard appears to be out of just the glass and the dealership is closed until Tuesday. I need it ASAP as we are riding to Savannah, GA Dec. 1.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you get in a jam, you might be able to have your local glass shop cut you one. I had to do this for one of my sports cars. I took them a cardboard template and a shard of the broken mirror. It turned out to be much less expensive than I anticipated.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Benton,

I don't have a glass but you could borrow a mirror assembly from me for the trip.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Had to have one cut for my SilverWing a few years ago. Took them about an hour and cost $25 I think at the time.

Loren

BeachZTT said:
If you get in a jam, you might be able to have your local glass shop cut you one. I had to do this for one of my sports cars. I took them a cardboard template and a shard of the broken mirror. It turned out to be much less expensive than I anticipated.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Depending on how bad the mirror break is, if you have any structure left there.....many auto parts places sell stick-on mirror pieces that just paste over broken car mirrors. You might find one that sort of works well enough till you get a replacement.

JD

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The mirrow cracked but did not separate into pieces. So.....clear packing tape has been liberally applied and may get us to Savannah and back. If you can imagine looking at a vibrating mirrow, then that is what it looks like sitting still. Actually, not too bad.

Thanks for the offers to lend a replacement but I am going for my own replacement. The last thing I want to do is to brake someone else's mirrow.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I know the horse has left the barn but the next time you need to pop the mirror off use a suction cup. They sell them at home improvement stores. You can use the kind with the hook on it for hanging items from mirrors, etc. The hook will be down to lock the suction cup so grab it with pliers. Twist and pull at an angle.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Howard,
I'll give the suction cups a try, next time.
Benton

1 - 8 of 8 Posts