BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone followed Ari's service thread at AMTEC http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54713 and installed the Brisk BOR 14 LGS plugs?
I went to order them today for my 30k service and was a little taken by the $85 price for 4 shipped. I'm going to have to let that sit for a few days to wrap my head around $20 (each) plugs.

Anyone found a good spark plug wire wrap as detailed in the thread?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Sparkplugs for the GE Jenbacher engines I work on come (4) to a can. A can of sparkplugs sells for $1395.00.

A little larger than our LT spark plugs but a little costlier too.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Dayam! Which Jenbacher engine do you work with?

Loren

gunny said:
Sparkplugs for the GE Jenbacher engines I work on come (4) to a can. A can of sparkplugs sells for $1395.00.

A little larger than our LT spark plugs but a little costlier too.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Type 2, 3, 4 and 6. All of them.

You think BMW is execessivley proud of their parts............. A Type 3 (the most common and therefore should be the cheapest) piston is $450. Each. Made by Mahle. Rebuild on a 320 takes (20) of them, $9,000 for a set of pistons.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Gunny, I wanna come play at your house! I love big engines! the largest I've seen in person was a nuclear grade ship engine which was one of two backup power sources for a Washington Public Power Supply System nuclear power plant. Air start and if I remember correctly the certification allowed 1 no start in 100 tests. Explains why the power plant had two of them in place.

Very very impressive engines Gunny!

Loren

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread but............

This is the big one, for now, another larger one, 12 cylinder with 29 liter displacement per cylinder in the works. Think the first one is going to Italy some time this year.

http://www.gepower.com/prod_serv/products/recip_engines/en/j624_gs.htm

Have a cousin in Holland who is involved with these. Natural gas is the fuel, use the electric power for green houses, sell the surplus to the grid, heat from the engine and exhaust used to heat the green house and exhaust gas is scrubbed, CO2 fertilization increases plant production by up to 30%.

Many projects going on right now in our service area where new ones are going in. Many involve CHP (Combined Heat and Power) capture the heat from the engine and the exhaust for various process, preheat water to boilers, let your imagination run wild as to what you can do with free heat.
As mentioned in the company literature, fuel can be natural gas, propane, coal seam gas, biogas, syngas, blast furnace gas or even blends.

Exciting technology.

Back to the original topic.................

I'm good with a set of Bosch plugs from NAPA. Don't have the numbers handy. Someone else help out on that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts