BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just can't see why they changed the 2012 so drastically. Don't want to hyrt any feeling here. Just sayin

·
Registered
577 Posts
2012 what????????

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bring back the old design in 2013

Don't want to hurt any feelings about the 2012 but the old design looked a whole lot better.

I wanted to trade mine in until I saw the new design.

I am just sayin.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Bring back the old design (K1200 LT)in 2013

K 1200 Lt

·
Registered
656 Posts
Stopped making the K1200 lt in 09

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Keithkmb said:
I just can't see why they changed the 2012 so drastically. Don't want to hyrt any feeling here. Just sayin

I assume that you are talking about the LT. I agree. I rode one and it is very different, more to the sporty side that luxury touring if you ask me. It is an awesome bike but I would miss reverse, and the storage in the tank among other things.

David

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Re: bring back the old design in 2013

If your talking about the K1600, we got a forum for that. You can read about all the comparisons to the K1200 and all the comments about how it doesn't compare. Take a look.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Guys,
Seriously, I told everyone on this site before, and I'll repeat it again here, the K1600GTL is a place holder for the next real KLT. I have an inside source. Trust me. Don't count on it for 2012, it'll be 2013 or 2014 but the K1600 platform will be used for a new BMW luxo-tourer. It'll be a K1600LT, no "G". an it'll be as beautiful as the K1200LT but have the power, handling, "flickability" of the K1600GT(L). It will have better weather protection, better heat control, more comfort, and an integrated body style worthy of the Honda Pacific Coast and the BMW K1200LT.
Keep riding your K1200LT. Wait for the K1600LT. Let all the K1600GT(L) pioneers (we love you guys) give feedback to BMW regarding the new K1600.... and then you'll see the new "Wing killer".

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Keithkmb said:
And I think "they" should bring back the 63 Vette, the 65 Mustang, the 49 MGTC, the '68 Camaro.....just sayin'. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
CharlieVT said:
Guys,
Seriously, I told everyone on this site before, and I'll repeat it again here, the K1600GTL is a place holder for the next real KLT. I have an inside source. Trust me. Don't count on it for 2012, it'll be 2013 or 2014 but the K1600 platform will be used for a new BMW luxo-tourer. It'll be a K1600LT, no "G". an it'll be as beautiful as the K1200LT but have the power, handling, "flickability" of the K1600GT(L). It will have better weather protection, better heat control, more comfort, and an integrated body style worthy of the Honda Pacific Coast and the BMW K1200LT.
Keep riding your K1200LT. Wait for the K1600LT. Let all the K1600GT(L) pioneers (we love you guys) give feedback to BMW regarding the new K1600.... and then you'll see the new "Wing killer".

That sounds awesome!!! I'll be waiting!! :)

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
fpmlt said:
And I think "they" should bring back the 65 Mustang, the '68 Camaro.....just sayin'. :rolleyes:
Been to a new car lot lately? Maybe even a used car lot? 2011 Mustang looks an awful lot like the 68. Camaro does too. :wave

And I'm partial to the K1200 LT too.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yep! There's a big gap at the top of the lineup that'll need to be filled. I can wait till 2014... No problem!

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Here here! :toast:

And Keith you are absolutely correct. Hurt feelings aside the LT is a better looking ride than the current K16's.

Loren

fpmlt said:
And I think "they" should bring back the 63 Vette, the 65 Mustang, the 49 MGTC, the '68 Camaro.....just sayin'. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
wa1200lt said:
Here here! :toast:

And Keith you are absolutely correct. Hurt feelings aside the LT is a better looking ride than the current K16's.

Loren
Although the K1600 looks great WITHOUT the rear trunk! Problem is... it does need that rear trunk to be a touring bike.

·
Registered
635 Posts
CharlieVT said:
Guys,
Interesting, but I am still keeping my 09 LT.

·
Premium Member
4,883 Posts
It is interesting to read some of the "What don't you like about the K1600" threads here and on other forums. I'll bet that if you dig deep enough, there were similar threads on the K1200LT when it first came out and for the next few years.

Now look at those threads and then look at the new K1600 and I'll also bet that many of the things that people didn't like about the K1200LT have been fixed and are now in the K1600.

I know that for me, there were things that I didn't like about the K1200LT and there were also things that I wished for.

That now is the K1600. Not ALL, but many.

I know, I made an emotional decision and now I'm trying to justify it with logic!

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Lee510 said:
Been to a new car lot lately? Maybe even a used car lot? 2011 Mustang looks an awful lot like the 68. Camaro does too. :wave

And I'm partial to the K1200 LT too.
I have one of those

I'm on my 3rd K1200LT but it is time to update the old girl. She's great on the open highway but she's too top heavy, needs more power and has way to many inherit faults.
It is time for a new LT and IMO the GTL is heading in the right direction.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts