BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only ran Metz on my y2k lt since I have had it. I decided to try a Bstone on the rear last year and I have just shy of 14k on this tire and its not near as noisy as the Metz gets and has quite a bit of tread left. I normally got about 13 to 14k on metz. My metz on front now has 17k and is shot. The last metz front I replaced at just shy of 22k and it looked better then this tire. Nothing against the metz but I'll be sticking with the Bstone on the rear from now on. At about 8k miles my rear metz's were cupping and noisy. I'm thinking of trying a front Bstone now but I've very happy with all the miles I'm getting out of those front metz. I also like that the Bstones are quite a bit cheaper then the metz. Well after all of this what I was wondering is what kind of miles are some you of getting out of a front Bstone and if they cup or wear worst then the Metz.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,064 Posts
The concensus I have seen is Metz in front and Brigi in the rear. I have run nothing but Metz (5 fronts and 11 rears). I think I am ready to hit the Brigi for the rear next time as my average rear lasts 7,340, with the most 9,100 and the least 5,645. Ihave been very happy with the front metz getting 15K +. I have heard the front Brigi's don't hold up well.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
bmwriderm said:
I've only ran Metz on my y2k lt since I have had it. I decided to try a Bstone on the rear last year and I have just shy of 14k on this tire and its not near as noisy as the Metz gets and has quite a bit of tread left. I normally got about 13 to 14k on metz. My metz on front now has 17k and is shot. The last metz front I replaced at just shy of 22k and it looked better then this tire. Nothing against the metz but I'll be sticking with the Bstone on the rear from now on. At about 8k miles my rear metz's were cupping and noisy. I'm thinking of trying a front Bstone now but I've very happy with all the miles I'm getting out of those front metz. I also like that the Bstones are quite a bit cheaper then the metz. Well after all of this what I was wondering is what kind of miles are some you of getting out of a front Bstone and if they cup or wear worst then the Metz.
I've had nearly the identical mileage with Bridgestone on the rear in the past. I just replaced a damaged Metzeler on the rear with another Bridgestone and saved myself $90.00 in the process. But I've used a front Bridgestone before and probably never will again, it wears out too quickly and yes it was the proper tire. I like the front Metzeler, rear Bridgestone combo.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I guess I could have looked at all the tire posts. After reading a few I going to keep the Metz on the front. I found the bike to handle as good or better with Metz on front and the bridgs on the rear. I also had a nail right in the center of the tread 2k miles after putting that Bridgestone on the rear.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
bmwriderm said:
Thanks for the replies. I guess I could have looked at all the tire posts. After reading a few I going to keep the Metz on the front. I found the bike to handle as good or better with Metz on front and the bridgs on the rear. I also had a nail right in the center of the tread 2k miles after putting that Bridgestone on the rear.
I had a nail at less than 3,000 miles. Plugged it and put nearly another 11,000 miles on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts