BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goodday LT family,
I just wanted to get your advice before I make a purchase.J am struggling to find a Bridgestone Battleax 020(160/70/17) rear tire for my 2005 LT in South Africa.There is a Bridgestone battleax Adventure A- 41 available in the same size.
With the LT being a large and heavy bike,I am sceptic to just buy them and put them on.Now I don't have any experience on these A-41 tyres and would like to know what you guys out there would opinionate on such a change if I had to out them on? All comments would be appreciated as it would assit in my decision making.Of course there is also the option of getting them on ebay with that HUGE shipping cost to South Africa.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,905 Posts
Goodday LT family,
I just wanted to get your advice before I make a purchase.J am struggling to find a Bridgestone Battleax 020(160/70/17) rear tire for my 2005 LT in South Africa.There is a Bridgestone battleax Adventure A- 41 available in the same size.
With the LT being a large and heavy bike,I am sceptic to just buy them and put them on.Now I don't have any experience on these A-41 tyres and would like to know what you guys out there would opinionate on such a change if I had to out them on? All comments would be appreciated as it would assit in my decision making.Of course there is also the option of getting them on ebay with that HUGE shipping cost to South Africa.
Thanks

Size is only one criterion. Also, need proper load and speed rating (79V) and REINForced sidewall. I doubt the Adventure meets these requirements.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
Thanks for the response Voyager.I thinl I will just order and wait for the correct tyre from Bridgestone.
Just a question of interest,..what do you think of the Shinko 777 tyre from china.Apparently also has re-inforced side walls.I found it while search on the web.
Regards
Rusty

·
Premium Member
7,905 Posts
Hi,
Thanks for the response Voyager.I thinl I will just order and wait for the correct tyre from Bridgestone.
Just a question of interest,..what do you think of the Shinko 777 tyre from china.Apparently also has re-inforced side walls.I found it while search on the web.
Regards
Rusty

I have not run a 777 so I can’t comment. I would search here as I know a few others have.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I'm running the Shinko rear tire. Unfortunately I haven't ridden much since putting it on. Overall it seems like a decent tire with enough grip and decent ride quality. My skepticism is just how long it will last. I don't have great expectations for it but it wasn't expensive.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've run a couple of the 777's. I really like them in terms of performance in both dry and wet, but they wear out quite a bit faster than I'd like. I do my own tires, so I don't mind doing swapping them out, but they are no longer 1/2 the price of other options like they used to be. I am currently running a Metz Cruisetec and like the ride. Only 1500 miles in so don't know about the longevity.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you to all who commented.This is much appreciated.I have made a decision to get the Bridgestone 020's, although I would have like to try the 777's.Bridgestones I can get within 3 weeks compared to 777's which I would only be getting in April.
Thank you all once again for your assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts