BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spoke to my dealer today and he told me the flying brick K1200LT is finished and next year there,s a new model being realeased.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
bikesnumbnuts said:
Spoke to my dealer today and he told me the flying brick K1200LT is finished and next year there,s a new model being realeased.
Interesting, if true ... given the number of changes made to the '05 model, including a noticeable horsepower increase, it's hard to believe that we'll see an all-new LT as early as in '06. Most speculation has been for a new LT in '08, with the new bike actually released in late '07. We'll see ...

- Bob

·
Registered
249 Posts
I hope they keep the riding position of the current LT and don't force the knees bent up posture required on the new RT. I've found both the '05 RT and GS to be non-starters from this one aspect. The RT gives you just one pretty confined leg/knee/foot position just like the old RT. The GS is better than the RT but both give me aching knees after a couple of hours. With the LT, you have lots of positions that you can move you legs. No aching knees after hours on the LT.

·
Registered
826 Posts
All I see for the first years of a "new" LT is a fresh set of new problems and more $$$$$. Be prepared for 24K +. If Harley can get it, BMW will want it.

Think I'll stay with a proven machine with a few quirky problems.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Also spoke with the folks in KC. They said the current LT will be around for a few more years....given the changes that they made in '05.

·
Registered
11 Posts
New LT

Let'em bring the new generation. I'm not one to take the 1st gen. anyway. Every time I think about selling the 02 LT, trading up, I take it for a 500 mile jaunt, and like a "good pair of boots" it just feels "right". I'm content for now.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Fjr1300

I know it's in a different class of bike, but can you imagine having an LT that has an engine as smooth as the V.2 FJR? Electronic shift, 145 hp, and a new sport/tour chassis. Wonder if BMW paid attention......

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
My 00 still works fine.

Bob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts