BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I took the plunge today! I picked up a 2006 K1200LT, and parked it next to my '04 Vulcan Nomad. I like them both, and the LT is a beauty. I can't wait to get out and put her through some twisty's on the way to Sedona. Not sure what I'm gonna do with the Nomad yet - it's been a good ride and I've customized it quite a bit. Thought I'd try something new!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Great place for info, conversation and everything K1200LT!

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Welcome to the forum, take a few moments/hours to read up on the technical part of your new to you Lt. Go to the top of the forum, select the Technical drop down, select Hall of Wisdom. Happy reading. :wave

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hit Me up if youre gonna go ride and we will try to go with you! Already heading to Sedona in the cage this weekend but i am usually free to ride! :bmw:

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Welcome. Keep them both if you can afford to. I sold my Virago after I bought the LT and wound up getting a VTX to replace it. Having two bikes which are so different to ride is great entertainment for me.

·
Registered
476 Posts
deanwoolsey said:
Welcome. Keep them both if you can afford to. I sold my Virago after I bought the LT and wound up getting a VTX to replace it. Having two bikes which are so different to ride is great entertainment for me.
I started with a VTX1800 and then added an LT - two very different bikes that are both a blast to ride and both make me smile (literally) when I ride them. Having said that, so far I have been successful in resisting the pressure from my SO that I should sell one and get back to one bike........

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome to the house!! Keep em both if the war department will let ya. I've got an 01 Valkyrie to go with the 02 Lt. Both big bikes but from different worlds and both a lot of fun.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Welcome, you will love the bike and this forum, what a wealth of information this site is!!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Unless you don't like the Nomad anymore, don't have a place to store it, or can't afford both keep them. I'm sure that Nomad is a lot easier to scoot around town in than the LT, and it's fun to switch between two bikes whenever the mood hits. Keep both is my advice, I have two very different bikes and love the variety that the two give me - still want a third... :think:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Welcome :D
I guess this is how you look. Perhaps you looked the same on the Vulcan. In any case only you can decide the pros and cons. I would differ from all the posts so far. Not as far as keeping it but riding two different bikes.
First consideration for me is time. Usually riding season in midwest 5 months which means distance touring. I like the LT a lot but would never take it downtown or on everyday errands. Because I am retired I can focus more on seeing the sights. On the other hand if you commute daily on a bike and even more year round like in the southwest the advantage is yours and two bikes could go a long way. Enjoy 2
ride safe :bmw:

·
Registered
2017 R1200RT
316 Posts
Welcome, and as others have said, you'll love the LT and the forum. I've enjoyed both for the last 1.5 yrs since getting my new to me 06.

I had an 08 Nomad before the LT and have to say it's a great bike. I could only keep one :( , so I let the Nomad go. I do miss her from time to time, but I don't miss polishing all that chrome... it got in the way of my riding time!

Enjoy the 06... she's a fine ride! What color did you get?

Sammy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts