BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode to Daytona last week and spent the weekend. Lots of stop and go everywhere. On Sunday starting back my brakes faded away. Lights started flashing. One flashes and one is on. Couldn't get any ABS brake to work. Had to pump the front to get any kind of stopping at all. I did ride back. Just real aware of when I had to stop. I do not hear the ABS whine? I did need just a little fluid which did not cure anything. I'm sure I could use a flush. How do you check for the ABS power or what ever is making it work, whine, pressure what ever? I need to get it fixed so I can make the Georgia Mountain Rally.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Ronnie we will need to know what year bike you have....

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,093 Posts
If this is still the 2002 you had issues with the Odyssey battery back in 2009 with and you still have the same battery. Then I would suspect you are not getting the battery fully charged back up after all that stop and go. The Odyssey is pretty good at recovering but you have to fully charge it so that the open terminal voltage is at least 12.74 (or better) a day after it comes off the charger. That may solve your ABS issue as the integral are sensitive to a low battery and multiple applications of the brakes.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is still the 02. I keep a battery tender hooked to it. It's been connected since Sunday night after I got home and it still flashes the light. It's like I have no power to the ABS? Hope to check into it a little more tonight.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,093 Posts
ronnieds said:
It is still the 02. I keep a battery tender hooked to it. It's been connected since Sunday night after I got home and it still flashes the light. It's like I have no power to the ABS? Hope to check into it a little more tonight.
May also try to remove and reinstall the main comnnector (stick a screwdriver in the end and pull latterally) Check for corrosion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts