BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced all of the brake system hoses on my 02 LT after I had the front one pop on the my vacation trip in July. I figured if one blew then they all were suspect and after having to nurse it home for 1,900 miles on rear brake alone. I didn't want another trip interrupt. I've re-bleeding the system and have all the air out of the lines. However, it appears that I still have air in the modulator. Does anyone know how to bleed the rest of the system on an 02 or later LT with the interlinked ABS. My shop manual doesn't reflect my system. I can always drag it to the dealer, but since its currently sitting in the garage, totally gutted, I hate to put it all back together without giving the modulator bleed a shot.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
The attachment may be helpful for you.

Ron

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a similar situation, altho caused by my stupidity. :mad:

I was moving my 02 K1200LT in an enclosed trailer and strapped it by the handlebars, and the right handlebar fell into the side of the trailer and pushed the brake handle assembly up. Now the bleeder hex screw leaks around the outside where it screws into the fluid reservoir. And I have no pressure in the front brake. Any ideas on what to replace? I took the hex screw out and it looks fine, but upon reinstall it still squirts fluid out around the hex head when I apply front brake. So once I get that fixed, I will use your bleed instructions to get pressure back in the system~!

2002 K1200LT

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like the housing that the hex screw goes into might be cracked :(

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,168 Posts
That is a banjo fitting and once loosened may require new gaskets to seal properly. This is what you need:

07119963072 gasket ring (A10X13,5-CU) x2

·
Registered
129 Posts
kellenbenz said:
The attachment may be helpful for you.

Ron
Very nice write up. I will use thi to do my brakes that are a little overdue.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you take your bike to a dealer to be bleed make sure you take your alarm controller. I drove 2 hrs. to get mine done,had all the plastic off ,alarm controller was in radio pocket since I never use it. When they unhooked the battery to get to a bleeder the alarm went off and disabeled the bike. Controller was 2 hrs away! I even knew better because it happened to me when I changed the battery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts