BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Brake servo sticking on intergrated brakes

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  jzeiler 
#1 ·
Hi all, I've had this problem since I changed the pads on the front and rear of my 04 LT. The warning triangle initially came on and the abs blinked fast.I disconnected the battery and when I restarted it, they had gone off, when I activate the front brake everythings fine,but when I activate the rear one for any length the warning triangle appears and the servo seems to be sticking on.When I turn ignition off and back on it has stopped. Has anyone any ideas on what is happening, its driving me mad. when the servo is sticking the rear brake light is not illuminated,any ideas lads ?????

#2 ·
I recommend at least a flush of the rear wheel circuit. While this may not fix your problem it will clear out any old fluid that got pushed back up into the ABS unit when replacing the pads. Worth a try.

#4 ·
I believe your 04 is the same as our 05 model so this should help Link to flush addendum.

This should be used in conjunction with this Article

This will be a flush or replacement of fluid. Not a bleed which is to remove air from the system. No guarantees it will solve your problem as it could be an unrelated failure of the system

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.