BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed some peg lowering brackets on a friends newer LT.

Payed attention so I thought .... After redoing linkage on shifter, move to the brake petal.
Reset stop bolt, screwed down the master cylinder link in the clevis so it still had the @ 1/16" of free play.

** Question is: Should the micro switch activate the servo pump just before you start feeling resistance ?
Or should switch trip after slight pedal resistance is felt ?

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
226 Posts
I just finished this an hour ago!

Just came inside from fixing this exact problem less than an hour ago.

Put on a Suburban Machinery lowering kit and didn't like the high pedal, so I got the Illium low brake pedal. Put that on and started getting the brake error on the dash, as if I had a brake light bulb out.

After spending an hour troubleshooting, I figured out that the pedal stop MUST CLEAR the brake light switch by at least 2mm. THEREFORE:

The switch must activate long before you feel any resistance. I suspect that's why I was getting the error - pressure in line before servo activates.

I spent an hour looking for an answer to the brake error in the archives and HOW, and didn't see anything about it. I was about to write this up.

Since I'm new to the LT, this is my best observation/guess.

Good luck.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,170 Posts
Mike is correct the switch should activate before pressure is felt on the pedal. Another thing to check is to make sure the MC is opening up in the relaxed mode otherwise the pressure can build up and cause the rear brake to drag. Easy to check as the rotor will be extreemly hot after a short ride.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts