BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the suburban peg lowering gadgets ... I like the feel, but now the brake pedal seems really high to my foot. I know there must be an easy way to adjust it, right?

Steve

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
PastorSteve said:
I installed the suburban peg lowering gadgets ... I like the feel, but now the brake pedal seems really high to my foot. I know there must be an easy way to adjust it, right?

Steve
When I had an LT, I installed the lowering brackets, then used some vice grips to adjust the pedal height. Good luck!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
Steve,
Ride it for a while. :bike: You will get used to the new position. I had the same thought when I installed the lowered pegs.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
PastorSteve said:

Steve

Of course there is an easy way to adjust it:

1) You can do a small adjusting simply by extending the lock bolt that you can see in the brake pedal shaft. You have to be careful with this adjustment as you don't want to make your brakes to drag. Put the bike on centerstand and try to spin the rear wheel as you extend the bolt.

2) If this is not enough adjustment then you need to remove your brake pedal shield. Turn it around carefully as your brake line will be twisted at the same. Then remove the clip that holds the brake piston shaft and shorten the shaft by turning the ball joint in deeper. This way you will make your brake pedal sit lower.

Good luck

Regards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts